Moisture Problems in Bedroom

My bedroom has had moisture problems only going back about 7 years. Before then no issue, ever. Now, I am regularly swapping out old, full moisture absorbers, one for each section of closet space. What more can be done or what happened specific to MY room? No other rooms are affected.

The bedroom has a moisture/dampness problem that became clear with the growth of mold on my wall and on clothing in the closet and closet wall. What's going on? Moisture absorbers collect closet moisture all year long. So much water and California was in a drought for a portion of these years.

Why my room only and what could have caused this weird change in hunidity levels and only specifically in my bedroom? The other closets and bedrooms in our 1-story San Francisco bay area house aren't damp. My leather jacket, a prized piece in my wardrobe, has mold all over it, as it was stored just on a hanger with other coats in one closet section that did not at the time have a moisture absorber in it (I didnt know it needed one). Help! Cups and cups of water come out of my closet every few months, even when it's totally dry or summer.

It sounds to me as if you have a leak somewhere. Maybe moisture is seeping into the walls from outside, or from a pipe in the wall.

Do you have a crawl space underneath the house where there could be a pipe leak?

There could also be a roof leak that is dripping into the walls in your room.

Leaks are hard to find. I would hire someone. Mold is a danger to your health as well as your possessions.

You should definitely check for a pipe leak, especially if that closet is anywhere near a bathroom or kitchen area, whether above or below. Also check, if there's a dwelling above you that is suffering from a pipe leak.

It is most guaranteed a water pipe that has a leak. If it were rain it would be periodic. If it were the sewer line or some animal living there, there would be a bad smell.

This will not get better, but instead wore, if left alone. 7 years is already too much time.

Home and Garden Repair HomeFebruary 16, 2017
Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Guest Room
Decorating a Guest Room
Small Organized Bedroom
Organizing a Small Bedroom
beautiful green tone bedroom
Inexpensive Bedroom Makeovers
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 11:07:28 PM on 10.0.2.150 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.