Mold Problem With Front Loading Washing Machine

How to clean mold from a front load washing machine?

By llaurab from Stafford, CT

Answers:

People usually leave a top-loading washing machine open so it has a chance to dry out between wash loads, but usually not so with a front-loader. Once you find a solution to cleaning the mold, try leaving the door open when not in use to avoid getting mold again. (06/30/2009)

By Fortunately

Put bleach in a spray bottle with water 3 (bleach) to 1 (water) ratio and spray the door and drum seal than wipe to dry the the seals with a soft rag before closing the front loader door. Do both the door and the drum seals, wipe till dry (do not rinse) then close. Should be good for a week or so. (07/01/2009)

By cynthiah

My LG front loader is only about a month old but I have been reading all the horror stories on various web sites. Obviously, I want to prevent this problem.

After doing all my wash in one day, I am drying out the gasket, taking out and drying the dispenser, and draining out though the little hose every week. Every month I am using the Tub Clean cycle with an ounce of bleach. I have purchased and plan to use every 4 months the Tide product designed for cleaning front loaders. I have read that a product called Whirlrout also works very well, but may be harder to find. It is designed for whirlpool tubs.

I hope this maintenance schedule works for me and there may be some help for you. Posters in other web sites swear by it. (09/05/2009)

By Infobabe