Mosquito Repellent Plants

I am looking for ideas on any bushes/trees/flowers that are good at repelling mosquitos.

Sarah from Chattanooga, TN

Answers:

Mosquito Repellent Plants

I have an Herb Garden by my patio which is convenient for cooking and the Catnip, Mint, Basil, Sage and Bay are all said to be repellants. They're great for cooking and they keep my patio bug free.

In my flower beds I have geraniums and marigolds which line the yard. They're also potted on the front porch. Variety and abundance works.

This does it for most summer nights on the patio and in the yard. When we do big parties I do light the yard at dusk with a bunch of Citronella Tiki Torches.
Our friends have called to tell us they were bit crossing the street to their cars to go home! (03/15/2007)

By Ali from Thornton, CO

Mosquito Repellent Plants

Try Marigolds. They are widely known for repelling mosquitos. Also, if you want to sit outside and don't want to get bit, try fabric softener sheets. Rub it on you and then put it on the table you are sitting at. Works great! We used this idea in the mountains of Colorado at 8400 ft. (03/15/2007)

By Susan

Mosquito Repellent Plants

WormWood is a repellent and beautiful too. Marigolds i have heard about, but they never worked for me. (03/19/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Mosquito Repellent Plants
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
🎉
🎄