My Frugal Life: Still Frugal

I do not have to be frugal anymore, but I can't change! I did it when I had 4 children, now they are grown and it's only me and my dog. My Frugal Life

I do not use paper products, that is the biggest waste. I recycle my old white socks (washed in Clorox) as dish rags, to mop small areas, to clean up after my dog (and toss). I buy the cheap brand.

I keep old white towels (washed in Clorox) which become kitchen towels. I put them to work outside if they get too dingy. I use them to dry my dishes after they air dry on top.

I buffer all my soups with rice or noodles to make them last 3-4 days. I cook beans on Sunday, and then freeze half. The other half, I make into soup or refried for my tacos.

Isabel from South Texas

About The Author:

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

I think this is all fine as long as you're happy living that way. But I think you should pamper yourself some and give to someone in need. And I don't see anything wrong with what's you're doing.

Don't feel that this is a bad thing. What is good for your pocketbook is often good for the Earth as well. So you are being thrifty and "green" as well. Happy Earth Day!

Still Frugal
Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeApril 20, 2010
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Broken terra cotta planter used to retain garden plant.
Reusing Terra Cotta Planters
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
Old wheelbarrow full of red geraniums.
Uses for an Old Wheelbarrow
🎄
🍂