My Pit Bull is Not Eating

Category Health
White and Brown Pit Bull Laying down with head up.
The reasons a dog won't eat may be due to stress, sickness or blocked intestines. When your Pit Bull isn't eating it is important to find the cause immediately.

My Pit Bull is badly sick. Se will not eat or drink anything. I have tried everything I can think of, I even tried the vet. Nothing is helping. I do know she ate a bingo dabber, but she was fine the next day after I got her to drink tons of water. Now she went missing over night and is sick again. Any suggestions? Please help, she's like family and she's just a puppy.

Best Answer

Clearly your dog has a huge problem and, if she ate a bingo dauber, is in serious trouble. Please take her to a vet immediately as the bingo dauber may be blocking her stomach, intestines, etc. She needs help that only a vet can provide.

We moved a week ago and my 6 year old pittie has only eaten a couple bites of a cheeseburger since. She won't take treats, human food, or anything. She is still drinking water though. We lived in same house for about 5 years with my boyfriend who had another dog for first 2 years. Then she became the only animal in house.

In our new house we have 2 roommates and an outside dog, a cat, and a small inside dog. She is doing fine with the other animals, but won't eat. I have tried moving her dishes into our room, the shared part of house and everything I can think of. She seems to be sad and now I'm seeing her moving slower. It seems harder for her to get up stairs and in car. I plan on calling vet tomorrow, but just looking for suggestions. Thank you.

By Jewels from Wisconsin Dells, WI

Best Answer

Something is definitely wrong and you are right to take her to your vet immediately. She may have difficulties from moving to a brand new home situation with new animals to deal with but may have another medical problem not related to moving. Her slow movement is unusual.