My Whites Come Out Grey and Yellow

My whites always come out grey or yellowish. What can I do?

Vanessa from Ohio

Answers:

My Whites Come Out Grey and Yellow

If you use bleach it can be due to using too much bleach. That will do it every time. Otherwise you can try using come good old fashioned white vinegar. Just put 1 cup of it in your rinse water. (06/28/2006)

By michellejones3

My Whites Come Out Grey and Yellow

My mother used what she called bluing, it's supposed to whiting white clothes. Should be able to find it with laundry detergents. (06/29/2006)

By msettamae2

My Whites Come Out Grey and Yellow

You could try using Borax along with your detergent, it is found with laundry detergents and is a detergent booster and also removes body odor. If clothing has any polyester, bleach will yellow them. Borax is natural and has no scent. (06/29/2006)

By Anna from Maine

My Whites Come Out Grey and Yellow

RIT makes a dye remover and I heard that it also helps with yellowing of whites. Look in the grocery store for a dye remover. (06/29/2006)

By scruggle

My Whites Come Out Grey and Yellow

If the material is a synthetic, try soaking it in warm water that you have dissolved a good handful of powdered dish washing detergent. I read this tip years ago & have used it on bras, slips, etc. It works! (06/29/2006)

By Faye

My Whites Come Out Grey and Yellow

First of all, don't overload your washer. Next, do not put dark items in with the whites. I always soak my whites after a little agitation with detergent & dry bleach for at least 15 minutes. You'd be surprised how white your clothes will be. The men in my family wear their t-shirts for years because they are so white. (07/01/2006)

By maryc

My Whites Come Out Grey and Yellow
Beating Egg Whites
Tips for Beating Egg Whites
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
🎉
🎄