Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks

Keeping that nail polish untouched before it's completely dry can be a challenge. This guide contains nail polish drying tips and tricks.

June 1, 2012 Flag

Fill up a wash basin with very cold water and after you have polished your nails, immerse them in the cold water for about 3 minutes. It makes the nail polish hard and stays that way.

Source: Wikihow

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use a product called Out The Door. It is a super fast drying topcoat and you should be able to find it at Sally's Beauty Supply or even other beauty supple stores. It always works for me.

April 14, 2016 Flag

I was always frustrated after polishing my nails and waiting and waiting for it to dry but a friend told me this tip that works.

Put some ice into a cup of water and leave in the freezer. Once you are done polishing your nails, take the ice out of the water and stick your newly painted fingers into the ice cold water. The cold water seals the polish and dries it much quicker

Note: Don't leave ice cubes in the water so they don't accidentally scrape your polish job!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 5, 2006 Flag

When your finger nail polish is partially dry, stick your fingers in a bowl of freezing cold water, it will speed up the drying process.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just heard of another idea is to put them in freezer for a couple of minutes. I tried it and it works.

Health & Beauty AdviceJune 4, 2012
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish
Stretching Nail Polish
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2017 at 3:09:56 AM on 10.0.2.200 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.