Nail Polish on Leather Furniture

My daughter got a touch of pink nail polish on our brand new black leather couch. How can I get it out?

By Joy from Penfield, NY

Nail Polish on Leather Furniture: Hairspray is the safest approach

I tried the most non-invasive approach as possible to remove blue nail polish from a brand new dark brown leather sectional. I was worried that using the acetone might eat the finish and dull the color of couch. So I used the hairspray. I used a cotton cloth and sprayed the aerosol hairspray on it and gently dabbed the surface. I then used leather cleaner on the sofa and no problems showed up. Now note the nail polish was fully dried turquoise blue from my child's toes. Noticed this next day. Works like a charm. I did so and no damage to finish or color lighting issues. Note, make sure to dab gently.

Good luck and I hope this helps. (09/19/2010)

By mmora325

Nail Polish on Leather Furniture
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet