Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture

Category Furniture
Care must be taken when trying to remove nail polish that has spilled on your wood furniture, so as not to damage the finish. This is a guide about removing nail polish from wood furniture.

Can anyone tell me how to remove nail polish from a wood dresser and not take the finish off?

Thanks,
Kathie from England

Answers

By shopping_addiction_woman (Guest Post)

I have never tried this but I heard it works---try using acetone free polish remover. If it works let me know.

Use baby oil and vinegar and let set for a few moments. After this use scrubbing side of kitchen sponge. It will come off with some light scrubbing and even will start to peel off with your nails. No residue remains and nothing to buy, just tried it and it worked!

Do not use nail polish remover!! Let the polish dry and lightly scrape it off with a razor blade (I use the ones that are used in utility knives) lightly scrape it off a little at time as to not scrape the finish!

;)

hey my mum bought a 100 pounds cabinet for me and I accidentally spilled nail varnish on it a mark now shes mad what shouldi do

How do I repair a spot on my table where fingernail polish was spilled and took off the varnish?

By meridith from Lavergne, TN

Answers

Maybe you could soak one end of a Q-Tip with nail polish remover and remove the polish that way. Or maybe you could take a very small piece of sandpaper and remove it. You could also buy a staining "crayon" and try to cover it up with that. Those are found in the hardware department of most stores. Good luck!

How can I get nail polish off my wood table and get the finish back?

By Lydia from NY

I just found an end table at a yard sale. It has white nail polish on it. How can I get it off? The table is a dark cherry color and it has a shiny finish. I'm afraid I will make it worse if I mess with it. It is a really nice table; what to do?

By Char

I have nail polish on my table that is finished with clear coat.

Connie from Beaconsfield, IA

Answers:

Nail Polish on a Wood Table

"Non-acetone" nail polish remover should be okay, but to be sure, try it in a small inconspicuous spot of the table like an edge or underneath. Somewhere that also has the clear coat first. Please let us know if it worked for our future reference. (03/09/2009)

By Ann

Is there a way to repair a nail polish remover spill on a wood kitchen table?

Angie from O'Fallon, MO

Answers:

By Melba

Nail Polish on a Wood Table

Use lemon juice and baking soda. I tried this and it worked wonders! Use a double sided scrub sponge. Use the scrub side and rub in small circles. (02/21/2009)