Natural Baking Soda Toothpaste

After reading about the recall of toothpaste, I thought I'd pass along this "natural" tip. A good homemade toothpaste is a mix of a little baking soda and a little hydrogen peroxide.* Doesn't have a great flavor but it cleans and whitens and is safe! From now on, I'm not buying any more toothpaste regardless of flavor.

*Or just use baking soda if you don't want to use the HP.

By Pam from RI

Natural Baking Soda Toothpaste Recipes

You need to find out if this is actually very abrasive and can damage your teeth.

Editor's Note: Baking soda for tooth powder has been recommended for as long as I can remember by dentists. It is very safe. Peroxide added to it to make a paste are the ingredients in many toothpastes these days. I've had using hydrogen peroxide also recommended by my dentist. (06/21/2007)

By cookwie

Natural Baking Soda Toothpaste Recipes

Mix 8 Tablespoons of soda and 4 tablespoons of glycerin, add peppermint oil for flavor.

By habitatconsultant

Natural Baking Soda Toothpaste Recipes

I have been using this baking soda, glycerin, and peppermint oil recipe for at least 2 years with no problems. I used to be plagued with canker sores, but since I don't use store tooth paste but baking soda mix no more sores! There is an abrasive bad chemical in store toothpastes sodium laurel sulfate. Bad stuff! (05/21/2009)

By janetmclaurin

Natural Baking Soda Toothpaste
girl brushing her teeth
Saving Money on Toothpaste
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Up close photo of the front of a baking soda box
Saving Money on Baking Soda
Inflating Balloon During Balloon Experiment
Blowing up a Balloon with Baking Soda and Vinegar