Natural Repellent for Squirrels

I have a squirrel in my rain gutter. Is there any natural repellent which will work? The gutters had been squirrel proofed, but he persists. Please help. Thank you.

By brown dog from Hartford, CT

Answers:

Natural Repellent for Squirrels

Repellents don't work very well. The repellent wears off or the squirrels just move to another area of the rain gutter. To control the critters in my area I bought a "Havahart" trap for about $30 at my hardware store. I bait it with seeds. When I catch a varmint I release it about 10 miles away. They will return if you release them to close to home. (07/24/2009)

By foxrun41

Natural Repellent for Squirrels

Hot pepper sauce will keep the critters away from anything you put it on, re-apply after a rain. I put some around our house. They don't come near any more, good luck. (07/25/2009)

By kffrmw88

Natural Repellent for Squirrels

Maybe these ideals can help. My mother-in-law would put moth balls in nylon netting and hang the bags at the top and bottom of the drain pipes. I use to have problems with birds destroying the siding on my house and nailed plastic snakes on the sides of the house. You may want to place a few snakes close to the drain pipes and see if that may help keep them away.
Hopes this helps.
(07/25/2009)

By raknhorse

Natural Repellent for Squirrels
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
🎄