Olive Oil as a Moisturizer

I've been reading about using olive oil as a moisturizer, and I have one question: What about SPF protection? I don't want to trade wrinkles and dry skin now for skin cancer later. Thanks.

Judy from Leesburg, VA

Answers:

Olive Oil as a Moisturizer

I've used olive oil to remove my eye and face makeup and I've also used it as a moisturizer. If I use olive oil as a moisturizer for during the day, I use the oil first and then put on the highest sunblock I can find. Then I put my foundation, powder, whatever on after the sunblock. (11/30/2009)

By metroplex

Olive Oil as a Moisturizer

Unless you spend a lot of time in the sun I wouldn't worry about SPF protection and there's always the alternative of wearing a cap or brimmed hat and loose cotton clothing if you do spend a lot of time in the sunshine :-) Also, the hype of a high SPF is just that, hype :-( (12/01/2009)

By Deeli

Olive Oil as a Moisturizer

I look for products without the SPF. Someday they will probably tell us that it was a bad thing. My granny worked as a farmer for 70 years, out in the sun everyday, and never got cancer anywhere! She lived to be 96. She is my role model. (12/01/2009)

By Karenhope

Olive Oil as a Moisturizer

Use a Noxzema type product first. An extremely thin layer prevents exposure to sun. That is I can't burn or tan when I use it. I have very sensitive skin and just driving in the car can sometimes burn my skin. This helps. I also use the olive oil all over with a little bit of shea butter. (12/01/2009)

By kimsukie

Olive Oil as a Moisturizer

I have used olive oil for years for moisturizer, after I wash my face with pure honey. The honey is a natural cleanser, and the olive oil alone is a perfect moisturizer. This has been my only beauty treatment for many years and I am told I look no where near my 58 years of age. And since I am allergic to sunscreens, I use Bare Minerals as a base. (02/19/2010)

By winrock

Bottle of olive oil with olive branch in the foreground.
Using Olive Oil as a Moisturizer
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps
Olive Oil
Health and Nutritional Benefits of Olive Oil
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
🎉
🎄