Organizing Craft Supplies With Recycled Containers

The best way that I have found to organize craft items is to reuse things I already have. Why bother going to the craft store and buying expensive containers when you may have something similar at home? Glass jars from store bought sauces or baby food hold a multitude of odds and ends, an old spice carousal works great for beads and buttons, and clean empty childproof pill bottles are great for keeping young kids away from needles and other small items. Crystal Light canisters, coffee cans, oatmeal containers, and ice cream buckets are all great containers with lids that keep craft items neat and out of sight. All of these items can even look pretty set out on a craft table with the addition of some paint or decorative paper to cover up any store labels.

By Tracey from Duluth, MN

I agree that it's a good idea to reuse items we have around the house for craft storage or any kind of storage for that matter. I try to do that as much as I can. (06/04/2007)

By Debbie52

Gals, Here's an idea you might consider using.WalMart has it's meats in deep plastic containers. I save them to put all of my items for a single project in,so nothing gets lost, Everything is together!! Judy from Alabama (06/04/2007)

By bjptl

I like the plastic containers for Gerber baby food. they are see-through, stackable, with snap-on lids that don't come off. I use them for stones, beads, bobbins, buttons, and straight pins. They are good for paint cups, too.

If you don't have a baby, remember these are just-right-sized portions of pureed veggies and fruits. Anyone can enjoy them with a meal or as a snack. Since I am a diabetic, I like the convenience, labeling and ready-to-go features.

I use the large-sized bottles of Ocean Spray Lite Cranberry Juice with handles to store dog kibble and Cascade dishwashing detergent. This way, they are easy to pour and waterproof. In fact, for everyday use of Cascade, I use a smaller recycled plastic container with a small pour spout, since it is easier to hold and pouring is more exact.

The Renizit Super Odor Neutralizer pump spray bottle is good for isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, bleach and plain water. I print up labels on my computer using the Word label program.

I use the Pringles' containers for scissors, paint brushes, tools (I am tool junkie), and anything tall or long.

If you can't figure out how to make these containers attractive or look like a matched set, please don't call yourself a crafter. hahahahaha (06/04/2007)

By the Oracle

Craft supplies for scrapbooking, including scissors, punches, paper and other decorations.
Organizing Craft Supplies
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Craft Supplies
Selling Excess Craft Supplies
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 9:31:03 PM on in 922 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.