Organizing With Boxes

Boxes are a great way to help get your home and garage organized. This is a guide about organizing with boxes.

Filter Sort

Tip: Boxes for Organizing Small Parts

By Lonnie 21 8

Want an easy way to store small parts in the garage, shop, sewing/craft room? I use recycled cardboard or regular cardboard boxes to make smaller boxes which organize many small pieces or parts. Homemade boxes for organizing small parts.

Approximate Time: Ten minutes per box.

• cardboard
  • rule/straightedge
  • box cutter/craft knife
  • tape (package, masking, box tape)
  • printed labels, if needed

Instructions:

1. Get piece of cardboard.

2. Cut to size wanted using box cutter or craft knife.

3. Cut out four corner pieces as shown. Making boxes for organizing small parts.

4. Score sides and ends and fold up on scores.

5. Tape sides and ends together to form box. Homemade Boxes for Organizing

6. Make labels, if wanted and glue on to end of box. Homemade Boxes for Organizing

7. If many boxes are to be made, make template. Template for boxes for organizing small parts.

By Lonnie from Chatsworth, CA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Color Coded Storage

By lalala... 732 97

We are very fortunate to have a lot of cabinet space in our kitchen, but we still had an organizing issue. Some of the cabinets are very deep, making it so that items have to be layered. It becomes a pain to when you have to remove the big crockpot to get to the rice cooker, etc. Also, we had a number of items we didn't use very often (BBQ tools, extra water bottles, etc.)

The space we weren't using was on top of the cabinets. I bought some inexpensive file boxes at Ikea, that had spots for labels. Initially, I wrote what was in boxes on the label, but soon realized I couldn't read what was in them without climbing on a stool.

So tonight I had a fantastic "lightbulb" moment. Why not use colored pieces of paper as labels and make a color key that I could hang on the refrigerator at eye-level?! It works well and I like the little pop of color up there! Plus, it is easy to change my list of what is in the boxes when I switch things around. I hope this can help you too!

NOTE: This would also work really well in the garage or in a storage building. :)

boxes on cabinet
    color code chart

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Organizing With Boxes
    Organizing AdviceJanuary 16, 2013
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
    Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
    Making a Cigar Box Purse
    Making a Cigar Box Purse
    Cigars in a Box
    Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
    Cigars in a Box
    Uses for Cigar Boxes
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2016 at 11:56:08 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 809 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutions
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost CommentsFewest CommentsRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings