Organizing With Boxes

Boxes are a great way to help get your home and garage organized. This is a guide about organizing with boxes.

Organizing With Boxes
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

We are very fortunate to have a lot of cabinet space in our kitchen, but we still had an organizing issue. Some of the cabinets are very deep, making it so that items have to be layered. It becomes a pain to when you have to remove the big crockpot to get to the rice cooker, etc. Also, we had a number of items we didn't use very often (BBQ tools, extra water bottles, etc.)

The space we weren't using was on top of the cabinets. I bought some inexpensive file boxes at Ikea, that had spots for labels. Initially, I wrote what was in boxes on the label, but soon realized I couldn't read what was in them without climbing on a stool.

So tonight I had a fantastic "lightbulb" moment. Why not use colored pieces of paper as labels and make a color key that I could hang on the refrigerator at eye-level?! It works well and I like the little pop of color up there! Plus, it is easy to change my list of what is in the boxes when I switch things around. I hope this can help you too!

NOTE: This would also work really well in the garage or in a storage building. :)

boxes on cabinet
    color code chart
    CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Homemade boxes for organizing small parts.Want an easy way to store small parts in the garage, shop, sewing/craft room? I use recycled cardboard or regular cardboard boxes to make smaller boxes which organize many small pieces or parts. Homemade boxes for organizing small parts.

Approximate Time: Ten minutes per box.

• cardboard
    • rule/straightedge
    • box cutter/craft knife
    • tape (package, masking, box tape)
    • printed labels, if needed

Instructions:

1. Get piece of cardboard.

2. Cut to size wanted using box cutter or craft knife.

3. Cut out four corner pieces as shown. Making boxes for organizing small parts.

4. Score sides and ends and fold up on scores.

5. Tape sides and ends together to form box. Homemade Boxes for Organizing

6. Make labels, if wanted and glue on to end of box. Homemade Boxes for Organizing

7. If many boxes are to be made, make template. Template for boxes for organizing small parts.

By Lonnie from Chatsworth, CA

Organizing AdviceJanuary 16, 2013
    Uses For Cardboard Boxes
    Uses for Cardboard Boxes
    Making a Cigar Box Purse
    Making a Cigar Box Purse
    Cigars in a Box
    Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
    Cigars in a Box
    Uses for Cigar Boxes
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 8:32:15 AM on 10.0.1.206 in 566 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.