Organizing the Pantry

I organize my pantry in alphabetical order. When I get home from the grocery I put things away in a certain order. Especially canned foods. I put beans, corn greens, potatoes, tomatoes etc. They are stacked in alphabetical order so when I need to know what I have I just check the row and know when I am getting low on a certain item.

It helps to have it this way so you will not have to move cans over to search for a can of potatoes. They will be in the same place each time I buy them. My spices are also in alphabetical order, this sure saves a lot of time, just grab the "Ginger" in the "G's" and go on. You'd be surprised how many steps this saves.

By Connie from Smithville, TN

Answers:

Organizing the Pantry

I have done this for years, and yes it does save steps and time: drives my husband crazy, cause he can't seem to get things organized in his shop or garage. Keeps saying he can't find anything, gee I wonder why? (07/15/2009)

By Donna624

Organizing the Pantry

I am green with envy. I try so hard to organize my pantry and my son goes through it searching for something to eat and I have no idea where anything is. Makes me so angry. (07/15/2009)

By murphthejo