Using Drawers to Organize Pantry

Category Kitchen
Adding drawer sets to your pantry can create more useful and organized storage space. This is a guide about using drawers to organize pantry.

Our pantry shelves don't go all the way to the floor, so there was a lot of wasted space that could be used. I bought a few plastic drawer sets and adjusted the shelving so that the drawers fit underneath. I use the drawers for items like bags of beans, granola bars, and microwave popcorn. It makes snacks more accessible to the kids and is a great way to organize items that don't stand up or stack well.

Most of the drawers are labeled. The two drawers with Post-its on them are for "rotating items", such as the last few juice boxes from a larger package. By having a few drawers to catch the lasts of things, you can free up space for the full replacement.

This is a wonderful idea. I'd like to try this in my own pantry.

Sure uses up that extra space in a efficient way and keeps things organized.

Love this idea! although it wouldn't work in my pantry I am going to use the idea in my linen closet.

Great idea. I did that in my coat closet, to house rarely used kitchen items. My pantry shelves go down pretty far, so i put wheels on a wine crate. I store boxes of kcups and back stock of jars of condiments. Every square inch counts!!

A great idea for any room. But a word of caution. Microwave popcorn is THE most unhealthy thing you can eat. Pop it yourself.