Paint Color Advice for Child's Bedroom

I am looking for decorating ideas for my son's bedroom. He has a red car bed. What colour should I paint the walls?

By Christy from Ilderton, Ontario, Canada

Answers:

Paint Color Advice for Child's Bedroom

Use a matching red for the wall where the bed is and another lighter color for the other three. The red should be repeated elsewhere, maybe the trim and/or door. The right warm beige might do on the other walls and ceiling. To make the room look larger, match the background of the curtains/drapes to the beige of the walls. I would suggest throw rugs on the floor to define areas and they should definitely be washable since this is a boy's room. Again repeat colors. If you go with the beige, a spot of vivid green might be considered. (04/03/2010)

By Chloelizabeth

Paint Color Advice for Child's Bedroom

I would use a color that's complementary to the bed, perhaps a sunny yellow, light on three walls and darker on the third. 0r just use the same tone for all. You could get or paint racing flags (a yellow and black checked flag, a red one, etc. for wall decorations). If you could find and old racing car set, you could attach it to the wall also. I think that they even make one now that will actually work when attached to a wall. If you're handy, you could paint one wall in large black and white checks and the other walls in white or yellow, etc. (04/04/2010)

By PDG

Paint Color Advice for Child's Bedroom

My son's room is painted a deep bright blue in high gloss with white trim and he too has a red car bed. I also found at a yard sale, red race car valences. (04/05/2010)

By kghsave

view of room
Paint Color Advice for Child's Bedroom
Bedroom Paint Color Advice
Bedroom Paint Color Advice
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
🎄