Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets

Cabinets often occupy a significant space in your kitchen. So choosing a paint color that coordinates with your cabinetry is important. This page contains paint color advice for kitchen with maple cabinets.

May 12, 2015 Flag

I am useless at choosing colours for my kitchen. It is a small galley kitchen with maple units and wall cupboards. The work top is black with specks of grey, hardly noticeable, and the floor is a dark colour like a blacky brown. The splash back tiles are like a light terracotta. What colour would be best to give it some life please? I have added a couple of pictures of the kitchen, but they aren't very good. But they do show the colours of the cupboards and work tops.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you True Lady

December 10, 2008 Flag

I am contemplating a color for my kitchen and need some suggestions. I have light blonde maple cabinets and dark countertops. The adjoining room is SW paint color Toasty Chocolate brown.

I am thinking about either a sage/olive green or a golden tone. I would like for the cabinets to stand out against the wall color as well as something that is not too dark as the adjoining living room is a dark color.

Amanda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have similiar cabinets and counters. I did mine with a very light sage and a shade darker sponged over. It looks great. If I had a picture I'd send it to you!

April 10, 2016 Flag

We are remodeling our kitchen; we are doing charcoal concrete counter tops with a gray floor tile. Our cabinets are a honey maple color. Appliances are black and stainless steel. We get the morning sun that shines in. What color should I paint the walls or should I paint the cabinets and leave the walls white? I have upload a picture, as you can see, we are still in the moving and prepping stages to install floors and counters.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 26, 2014 Flag

What color (other than green) should I paint my kitchen walls? My appliances are white, floor is beige, and backsplash tile is cream. The cabinets are light maple and the kitchen is somewhat dark.

By Sue B

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Blue

January 22, 2015 Flag

I have maple cabinets and stainless steel appliances. The countertop is black with gray and beige specks and the backsplash has a slight gray swirl. The kitchen is a galley kitchen and is very small.

By Robin B from Delran, NJ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm thinking a shade of beige, but with a rosy tone to it.

October 7, 2009 Flag

What color should I paint my kitchen? I have cedar maple cabinets, light hardwood floors, Impala black granite counter tops, seat cushions with brick red, sage green, and tan stripe. I can't make a decision. Help.

By EZCARDS from Washington, DC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Match the green or tan (with a tiny touch of yellow for brightening)! You'll be thrilled with the finished look.

March 30, 2014 Flag

We are buying a 10 yr. old home. The kitchen has light maple cabinets. We want to put in a granite countertop. What color of granite should we go with. We were thinking of old Venetian gold, but are confused if it will make the kitchen look too dull. The flooring is of oak wood medium color, neither dark nor too light. I don't want to have a white kitchen, so can anyone please suggest a good color to paint kitchen and for granite. Don't want too bright nor too dull.

By Siya

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Salmon by Benjamin Moore for the walls and take a paint swatch to the counter top supplier to pick a counter top that compliments the paint.

January 21, 2011 Flag

I have dark green granite countertops and honey-maple cabinets in my kitchen. What paint color would look best with these?

By Susan

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think a light green would look nice. I have dark green counters, and light green walls/wood cabinets (medium color, ( I'm not sure what wood) but the light green looks great!

March 12, 2010 Flag

I want to paint my kitchen/dining room Middleshire Green (light mint blue), Milk Chocolate (light chocolate brown), and Light Raffia (sand). I know I want my walls textured in the light mint blue, but what about the trim and cabinets? I have a sandy colored countertop with different shades of sandy tan ceramic on my floor.

By Ashley from Philadelphia, MS

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would suggest a tint or tone of colors already used. Ceilings do not have to be white. I have a sky blue ceiling (Carolina Blue) and it works in the location. Also there are sparkles that can be added to spray paint for light. In a pale mint ceiling it would be light and different. Perhaps a darker version of one of your colors for the dining area ceiling would make it seem more cozy and more formal.

August 8, 2013 Flag

I have very light maple kitchen cabinets (from the 80s) and black counter tops. My kitchen walls run up against my dining room walls so they need to compliment each other. My dining room is a light blue and has white California shutters that I love. I would like to go with a darker, bolder color in the kitchen as it is very bland looking right now.

By LH Sudbury

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would try a real light gray color that has a hint of blue in it. It may look good since you have light blue in the dining room and black counter tops.

May 4, 2011 Flag

I would like some kitchen wall color suggestions for a medium size kitchen. It has maple cabinets, antiqued with mocha. The backsplash is ceramic 4x4 tiles of light taupe, antique whites, and a slight beige mixed into splashes of color. I have 4x4 every 4th tile of antique dark bronze inlays in backsplash.

By Karen from Perry, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sounds like you need a bit of color. Go to www.diynetwork.com or hgtv.com for adivce. You can create your kitchen with the colors and try out different colors in the "create your own space" tab and try on different colors before you paint. Sherwin Williams also does the create your own space. Better to be safe than have to live with a color you hate.

Hope this helps.

January 28, 2015 Flag

I want to paint my sofit and have medium brown maple cabinets. What colors will go with the cabinets?

By Clara G

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 30, 2014 Flag

I have medium maple cabinets with mixed dark brown quartz countertops. I am thinking of orange paint for small areas of walls in kitchen. Also I have stainless steel appliances.

By Susan B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 22, 2010 Flag

I would like suggestions for paint color for a kitchen with warm brown maple cabinets and an oak floor, whitish countertops and back-splash and almond-colored appliances. I tend to be country to traditional in decorating style.

By Eileen from Monroe, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For a paint color: I would choose an olive green. It feels cozy, relaxing and looks very nice.

November 16, 2014 Flag

What color should I paint my kitchen walls? I have light/yellowish maple cabinets, tan granite counter and backslash, and off white tile flooring with stainless steel appliances? Thanks!

By Jake from San Jose, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 14, 2011 Flag

I need to paint my kitchen. I have maple units with black worktops. I am also going to change the tiles. What paint colour do you think would work? What colour tiles would like good?

By Lee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Your cabinets and countertops are neutral colors, therefore any color that you like will go with them. Pick up some paint chips at the store, and see what colors you like.

June 6, 2014 Flag

We are doing a total renovation of our kitchen. The cabinets are Thomasville maple, stain is called cider. The appliances will be slate. I purchased a pendant light for above the sink which is a punched kettle black tin, the ceiling will be off white. The counter top is Silverstone, called tea leaf.
What paint color(s) would be best? Thank you.

By Sharon

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 1, 2011 Flag

I need help with deciding a paint color for my kitchen. I am completely remodeling. I am having maple cabinets, walnut flooring, white trim, stainless appliances, and Giallo Napoli granite counter tops. I will be painting this weekend (6/4/11). Thank you.

By Lynn

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

As walnut has a slight purple cast, I would suggest a color that reflects that or the yellow of the maple. This is going to be tricky and as much as a hate to say it, I would recommend an off white unless you really want to be adventuresome and that you might consider a neon yellow. I am not sure what color your counter tops are, but I am guessing a gray with spots of purple. Also consider the color on next room so the colors will flow from room to room.

April 22, 2011 Flag

Can someone suggest kitchen paint colors? I have cherry maple cabinets, golden sand polished granite (which is creamy with specks of gold, pinkish coral and green), with quartzite gold porcelain floor tiles. The back splash is creamy with specks of gold.

I have only two walls to paint near the window. The room is very bright. I want the cabinets to pop more than the paint, but I still want some color. I want the room to seem bigger than it is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.

By Jane from Yonkers, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try and auburn but not to dark, or darker yellow.

April 16, 2011 Flag

I'm looking for a paint color for my kitchen. The cabinets are maple, the countertop is Corian and the over all color is sage green with specks of darker sage and a grayish white. The back splash is grayish white.

Any suggestions?

By Eileen from West Chester, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would suggest a very light maple color bordering on yellow or yellow in curtains or pursue something in the green family. A bright, light green might be appealing. What are your appliances? If they are white, then you may not need the brighter colors, but if they aren't, an bright accent color might be best. You have neutral colors to work with so you can play with colors. Consider how much light you have.

March 25, 2014 Flag

I have red maple cabinets with black/gold granite counter tops and stainless appliances in a fairly large kitchen with lots of light. It is partially open to a dark green/cream painted living room. What paint color will match for the kitchen? (Something other than mustard yellow or beige/brown which makes my walls look pink.)

By Mimi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 11, 2011 Flag

I have maple cabinets, stainless steel appliances, black granite countertops, and cobalt blue pendant lights. What color do I paint the walls?

By Marla from WI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have maple cabinets and black countertops and I painted my kitchen yellow! (not to dark and not to pastel.). Go to the store and get 3 different color paint samples and chose from there! My other kitchen color (floor mat, plates) is red!

Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceAugust 23, 2012
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
Maple Tree
Growing Maple Trees
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 27, 2017 at 12:19:01 AM on 10.0.2.190 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.