Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets

Cabinets often occupy a significant space in your kitchen. So choosing a paint color that coordinates with your cabinetry is important. This page contains paint color advice for kitchen with maple cabinets.

May 12, 2015 Flag

I am useless at choosing colours for my kitchen. It is a small galley kitchen with maple units and wall cupboards. The work top is black with specks of grey, hardly noticeable, and the floor is a dark colour like a blacky brown. The splash back tiles are like a light terracotta. What colour would be best to give it some life please? I have added a couple of pictures of the kitchen, but they aren't very good. But they do show the colours of the cupboards and work tops.

Thank you Linda we are pleased with it

December 10, 2008 Flag

I am contemplating a color for my kitchen and need some suggestions. I have light blonde maple cabinets and dark countertops. The adjoining room is SW paint color Toasty Chocolate brown.

I am thinking about either a sage/olive green or a golden tone. I would like for the cabinets to stand out against the wall color as well as something that is not too dark as the adjoining living room is a dark color.

Amanda

I think a deep sage green would be beautiful.

March 26, 2014 Flag

What color (other than green) should I paint my kitchen walls? My appliances are white, floor is beige, and backsplash tile is cream. The cabinets are light maple and the kitchen is somewhat dark.

By Sue B

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Blue

January 22, 2015 Flag

I have maple cabinets and stainless steel appliances. The countertop is black with gray and beige specks and the backsplash has a slight gray swirl. The kitchen is a galley kitchen and is very small.

By Robin B from Delran, NJ

I'm thinking a shade of beige, but with a rosy tone to it.

October 7, 2009 Flag

What color should I paint my kitchen? I have cedar maple cabinets, light hardwood floors, Impala black granite counter tops, seat cushions with brick red, sage green, and tan stripe. I can't make a decision. Help.

By EZCARDS from Washington, DC

Match the green or tan (with a tiny touch of yellow for brightening)! You'll be thrilled with the finished look.

January 21, 2011 Flag

I have dark green granite countertops and honey-maple cabinets in my kitchen. What paint color would look best with these?

By Susan

I think a light green would look nice. I have dark green counters, and light green walls/wood cabinets (medium color, ( I'm not sure what wood) but the light green looks great!

March 30, 2014 Flag

We are buying a 10 yr. old home. The kitchen has light maple cabinets. We want to put in a granite countertop. What color of granite should we go with. We were thinking of old Venetian gold, but are confused if it will make the kitchen look too dull. The flooring is of oak wood medium color, neither dark nor too light. I don't want to have a white kitchen, so can anyone please suggest a good color to paint kitchen and for granite. Don't want too bright nor too dull.

By Siya

Salmon by Benjamin Moore for the walls and take a paint swatch to the counter top supplier to pick a counter top that compliments the paint.

March 12, 2010 Flag

I want to paint my kitchen/dining room Middleshire Green (light mint blue), Milk Chocolate (light chocolate brown), and Light Raffia (sand). I know I want my walls textured in the light mint blue, but what about the trim and cabinets? I have a sandy colored countertop with different shades of sandy tan ceramic on my floor.

By Ashley from Philadelphia, MS

I would suggest a tint or tone of colors already used. Ceilings do not have to be white. I have a sky blue ceiling (Carolina Blue) and it works in the location. Also there are sparkles that can be added to spray paint for light. In a pale mint ceiling it would be light and different. Perhaps a darker version of one of your colors for the dining area ceiling would make it seem more cozy and more formal.

August 8, 2013 Flag

I have very light maple kitchen cabinets (from the 80s) and black counter tops. My kitchen walls run up against my dining room walls so they need to compliment each other. My dining room is a light blue and has white California shutters that I love. I would like to go with a darker, bolder color in the kitchen as it is very bland looking right now.

By LH Sudbury

I would try a real light gray color that has a hint of blue in it. It may look good since you have light blue in the dining room and black counter tops.

May 4, 2011 Flag

I would like some kitchen wall color suggestions for a medium size kitchen. It has maple cabinets, antiqued with mocha. The backsplash is ceramic 4x4 tiles of light taupe, antique whites, and a slight beige mixed into splashes of color. I have 4x4 every 4th tile of antique dark bronze inlays in backsplash.

By Karen from Perry, FL

Sounds like you need a bit of color. Go to www.diynetwork.com or hgtv.com for adivce. You can create your kitchen with the colors and try out different colors in the "create your own space" tab and try on different colors before you paint. Sherwin Williams also does the create your own space. Better to be safe than have to live with a color you hate.

Hope this helps.

March 22, 2010 Flag

I would like suggestions for paint color for a kitchen with warm brown maple cabinets and an oak floor, whitish countertops and back-splash and almond-colored appliances. I tend to be country to traditional in decorating style.

By Eileen from Monroe, NY

For a paint color: I would choose an olive green. It feels cozy, relaxing and looks very nice.

Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceAugust 23, 2012
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
Maple Tree
Growing Maple Trees
🎉
🎄