Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets

Cabinets often occupy a significant space in your kitchen. So choosing a paint color that coordinates with your cabinetry is important. This page contains paint color advice for kitchen with maple cabinets.

I am useless at choosing colours for my kitchen. It is a small galley kitchen with maple units and wall cupboards. The work top is black with specks of grey, hardly noticeable, and the floor is a dark colour like a blacky brown. The splash back tiles are like a light terracotta. What colour would be best to give it some life please? I have added a couple of pictures of the kitchen, but they aren't very good. But they do show the colours of the cupboards and work tops.

I keep thinking a rich mauve.

I am contemplating a color for my kitchen and need some suggestions. I have light blonde maple cabinets and dark countertops. The adjoining room is SW paint color Toasty Chocolate brown.

I am thinking about either a sage/olive green or a golden tone. I would like for the cabinets to stand out against the wall color as well as something that is not too dark as the adjoining living room is a dark color.

Amanda

I have similiar cabinets and counters. I did mine with a very light sage and a shade darker sponged over. It looks great. If I had a picture I'd send it to you!

What color (other than green) should I paint my kitchen walls? My appliances are white, floor is beige, and backsplash tile is cream. The cabinets are light maple and the kitchen is somewhat dark.

By Sue B

Blue

We are remodeling our kitchen; we are doing charcoal concrete counter tops with a gray floor tile. Our cabinets are a honey maple color. Appliances are black and stainless steel. We get the morning sun that shines in. What color should I paint the walls or should I paint the cabinets and leave the walls white? I have upload a picture, as you can see, we are still in the moving and prepping stages to install floors and counters.

I have maple cabinets and stainless steel appliances. The countertop is black with gray and beige specks and the backsplash has a slight gray swirl. The kitchen is a galley kitchen and is very small.

By Robin B from Delran, NJ

I'm thinking a shade of beige, but with a rosy tone to it.

What color should I paint my kitchen? I have cedar maple cabinets, light hardwood floors, Impala black granite counter tops, seat cushions with brick red, sage green, and tan stripe. I can't make a decision. Help.

By EZCARDS from Washington, DC

Match the green or tan (with a tiny touch of yellow for brightening)! You'll be thrilled with the finished look.

I have dark green granite countertops and honey-maple cabinets in my kitchen. What paint color would look best with these?

By Susan

I think a light green would look nice. I have dark green counters, and light green walls/wood cabinets (medium color, ( I'm not sure what wood) but the light green looks great!

We are buying a 10 yr. old home. The kitchen has light maple cabinets. We want to put in a granite countertop. What color of granite should we go with. We were thinking of old Venetian gold, but are confused if it will make the kitchen look too dull. The flooring is of oak wood medium color, neither dark nor too light. I don't want to have a white kitchen, so can anyone please suggest a good color to paint kitchen and for granite. Don't want too bright nor too dull.

By Siya

Salmon by Benjamin Moore for the walls and take a paint swatch to the counter top supplier to pick a counter top that compliments the paint.

I want to paint my kitchen/dining room Middleshire Green (light mint blue), Milk Chocolate (light chocolate brown), and Light Raffia (sand). I know I want my walls textured in the light mint blue, but what about the trim and cabinets? I have a sandy colored countertop with different shades of sandy tan ceramic on my floor.

By Ashley from Philadelphia, MS

I would suggest a tint or tone of colors already used. Ceilings do not have to be white. I have a sky blue ceiling (Carolina Blue) and it works in the location. Also there are sparkles that can be added to spray paint for light. In a pale mint ceiling it would be light and different. Perhaps a darker version of one of your colors for the dining area ceiling would make it seem more cozy and more formal.

I have very light maple kitchen cabinets (from the 80s) and black counter tops. My kitchen walls run up against my dining room walls so they need to compliment each other. My dining room is a light blue and has white California shutters that I love. I would like to go with a darker, bolder color in the kitchen as it is very bland looking right now.

By LH Sudbury

I would try a real light gray color that has a hint of blue in it. It may look good since you have light blue in the dining room and black counter tops.

I would like some kitchen wall color suggestions for a medium size kitchen. It has maple cabinets, antiqued with mocha. The backsplash is ceramic 4x4 tiles of light taupe, antique whites, and a slight beige mixed into splashes of color. I have 4x4 every 4th tile of antique dark bronze inlays in backsplash.

By Karen from Perry, FL

Sounds like you need a bit of color. Go to www.diynetwork.com or hgtv.com for adivce. You can create your kitchen with the colors and try out different colors in the "create your own space" tab and try on different colors before you paint. Sherwin Williams also does the create your own space. Better to be safe than have to live with a color you hate.

Hope this helps.

I want to paint my sofit and have medium brown maple cabinets. What colors will go with the cabinets?

By Clara G

I would like suggestions for paint color for a kitchen with warm brown maple cabinets and an oak floor, whitish countertops and back-splash and almond-colored appliances. I tend to be country to traditional in decorating style.

By Eileen from Monroe, NY

For a paint color: I would choose an olive green. It feels cozy, relaxing and looks very nice.

I have medium maple cabinets with mixed dark brown quartz countertops. I am thinking of orange paint for small areas of walls in kitchen. Also I have stainless steel appliances.

By Susan B.

What color should I paint my kitchen walls? I have light/yellowish maple cabinets, tan granite counter and backslash, and off white tile flooring with stainless steel appliances? Thanks!

By Jake from San Jose, CA

I need to paint my kitchen. I have maple units with black worktops. I am also going to change the tiles. What paint colour do you think would work? What colour tiles would like good?

By Lee

Your cabinets and countertops are neutral colors, therefore any color that you like will go with them. Pick up some paint chips at the store, and see what colors you like.

I need help with deciding a paint color for my kitchen. I am completely remodeling. I am having maple cabinets, walnut flooring, white trim, stainless appliances, and Giallo Napoli granite counter tops. I will be painting this weekend (6/4/11). Thank you.

By Lynn

As walnut has a slight purple cast, I would suggest a color that reflects that or the yellow of the maple. This is going to be tricky and as much as a hate to say it, I would recommend an off white unless you really want to be adventuresome and that you might consider a neon yellow. I am not sure what color your counter tops are, but I am guessing a gray with spots of purple. Also consider the color on next room so the colors will flow from room to room.

We are doing a total renovation of our kitchen. The cabinets are Thomasville maple, stain is called cider. The appliances will be slate. I purchased a pendant light for above the sink which is a punched kettle black tin, the ceiling will be off white. The counter top is Silverstone, called tea leaf.
What paint color(s) would be best? Thank you.

By Sharon

Can someone suggest kitchen paint colors? I have cherry maple cabinets, golden sand polished granite (which is creamy with specks of gold, pinkish coral and green), with quartzite gold porcelain floor tiles. The back splash is creamy with specks of gold.

I have only two walls to paint near the window. The room is very bright. I want the cabinets to pop more than the paint, but I still want some color. I want the room to seem bigger than it is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.

By Jane from Yonkers, NY

Try and auburn but not to dark, or darker yellow.

I'm looking for a paint color for my kitchen. The cabinets are maple, the countertop is Corian and the over all color is sage green with specks of darker sage and a grayish white. The back splash is grayish white.

Any suggestions?

By Eileen from West Chester, PA

I would suggest a very light maple color bordering on yellow or yellow in curtains or pursue something in the green family. A bright, light green might be appealing. What are your appliances? If they are white, then you may not need the brighter colors, but if they aren't, an bright accent color might be best. You have neutral colors to work with so you can play with colors. Consider how much light you have.

I have maple cabinets, stainless steel appliances, black granite countertops, and cobalt blue pendant lights. What color do I paint the walls?

By Marla from WI

I have maple cabinets and black countertops and I painted my kitchen yellow! (not to dark and not to pastel.). Go to the store and get 3 different color paint samples and chose from there! My other kitchen color (floor mat, plates) is red!

I have red maple cabinets with black/gold granite counter tops and stainless appliances in a fairly large kitchen with lots of light. It is partially open to a dark green/cream painted living room. What paint color will match for the kitchen? (Something other than mustard yellow or beige/brown which makes my walls look pink.)

By Mimi

The color of my cabinets is "Hardrock Maple" the color of my countertop is "Butter-Rum". I have stainless steel appliances. I am looking for suggestions on floor color and paint color.

Please help, I have horrible design taste and do not want to mess up.

Scott from Kew Gardens, NY

Take a trip to Lowes or Home Depot and talk to some one in the paint and flooring departments.

I need help with what color to paint the kitchen walls and the color for curtains? or Roman shades? I have light golden maple wood kitchen cabinets and ceramic 12x12 floor (called Caribbean Slate from Lowe's, it's a light neutral tile, which has gray/silver with green hues mixed with splashes of sand, beige, and cream tones- so neutral goes with practically anything). I am thinking of getting a darker granite counter with some black in it, and stainless steel appliances. The color in our dining room, which is separated by an archway, is a chocolate beige (Benjamin Moore Big Bend Beige). I'm thinking of just going with a beige to play it safe, but want to have color so thinking yellow? or gray color w/ slight green undertone? or green/sage? or bronze brass reddish color? I'm all over the map and not sure what direction to go. I could really use any help. Thanks.

By Ellen D. from Lakewood, NJ

I am looking for a paint colors for the kitchen. We have maple cabinets, darker hardwood floors, and granite countertops that are beige, cream, and black (fairly neutral).

By Ryan

What color should I paint my kitchen with spice maple cabinets and new Venetian gold granite?

By Kat

Answers:

Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Maple Cabinets and Gold Granite

The lightest colors in the Venetian Gold Granite is what I would work with. Looks like from a photo of it I researched, its the softest color of yellow or the off white color I see for a choice. (03/21/2011)

By Lorelei

We renovated our Colonial in 2006. We updated the kitchen with maple toffee cabinets and Dakota mahogany granite countertops. It is currently painted a spiced pumpkin color. We would like to sell the house this spring. We are not planning on changing the counters or cabinets, but I would like to brighten and neutralize the kitchen and do a backsplash to help it sell.

What color and materials do you suggest?

By Jenny from Springfield, MA

Answers:

What Color To Paint Kitchen With Maple Cabinets and Granite Counter Tops

To make your kitchen look larger and updated, pick out a light shade of one of the colors in your countertop. If the countertop is all dark, pick a light color from the cabinets. If everything is dark, pick a color that matches one of those colors then go with a lighter shade of that color. Many paint sample strips have shades from dark to light of the same color family on the same strip. That makes it easier to pick a light shade. Otherwise, get a knowledgeable clerk from a good paint store to help you do the matching and to advise you as to which type of paint will work best.

Be sure to match the color you choose to your own kitchen and not to something that looks good in the store. A good idea (after you have looked at the samples in your kitchen) is to buy a quart of the color you think you want and paint sample spots in a couple of places. Then look at it at different times of day so you can get a good idea of what it looks like at different times of day.

Avoid *any* yellow if you are going to sell the house since many people don't like yellow (some shades can make them feel sick to their stomach). Earth tones are very good right now so that may be a place to start.

I am a decorator and have updated many, many kitchens and always start this way to be sure we have found the best color. Good luck! (02/02/2011)

By Painted Lady

You're so right! Prospective home buyers often like neutral walls since your colors may not match their things. I'd go with a cream-colored wall. (02/02/2011)

By countessj

Almost any light color will work, shades of beige, taupes. Ask for ideas at your home improvement store. (02/03/2011)

By redhatterb

I just read an article about grey being the new white and becoming a favorite for designer kitchens. When I recently redid my bathroom grey (with pewter towels and polished nickel accessories). I discovered there are tons of shades and the lighter colors pick up hints from surroundings; it might work well for your kitchen. (02/05/2011)

By kaznavour

My kitchen cabinets and floor are maple wood, the counter top is granite with light brown to dark brown speckles, and my dining table is dark wood with dark leather chairs. What is the best wall color?

By cherubs1 from CA

Answers:

I think a butter-cream yellow will go nice, and who doesn't love a yellow kitchen! (12/09/2010)

By sunnywray

I would also go with a gold color and use burnt orange and white for accessories/accents. Also consider a blueish gray. Use off white and a soft peach for the accessories/accents. (12/09/2010)

By Firedancer67

A sage green color would look nice with both the light and dark woods and brown speckled granite, too. If your tastes are bolder, consider a deep hunter green. Most shades of green also have a calming effect, too. Good luck! (12/09/2010)

By KansasCindy

I would go with olive for the walls and creamy white for the trim-work. (12/11/2010)

By tobeamiss

Kitchen Paint Color to Match Maple Cabinets
What color to paint my kitchen? I have maple cabinets with dark hues, a Formica countertop with black, beige, and a touch of pink speckles. The floor is light tone with a touch of gold. The backsplash is very light marble like tile with bronzed tile as an accent. I have a large wall and little walls throughout the rest of the kitchen. Please help!

By Karen from NY

Answers:

I would paint your walls a light color. I do not like dark rooms so I'd pick a cream, beige, gray, or a gold color. Pick a color that is in your flooring and backsplash. (09/26/2010)

By OliveOyl

I'm thinking a shade of green, but not ordinary green. I went to Valspar's website, and looked at colors (click on 'explore colors'). Look for a color called 'chopped chive.' (09/26/2010)

By Joanne

Personally, I like the antique white. I think with your cabinets and after seeing your black and white stove, I'd use the antique white. It wipes off easily and looks great with the wood.

We did our bathroom in a tiny blue print and maple corners and floor boards. We also have the pedestal sink and it looks fabulous. I am very partial to the antique white.

Good luck!
Gem (09/28/2010)

By maphisx7

What colors are you best with living with? Make it something you like as you are in that area a lot! Perhaps a very light lavender or pale green is your cup of tea; or perhaps a light apricot color or even better a light tangerine! One lady I know loved red, and really wanted her kitchen that color; but when it was done, she hated it! While she loved red in other things, it just did not work for her at all on the walls, especially in a room she spent so much time in!

Another option available to think about: is changing the color of the cabinets. Easy to do: get a primer, paint it on first; then make the cabinets a different color. One woman had someone do this for her; and the green color she chose was just outstanding! Completely transformed the way her kitchen had looked for years! Her husband was very handy at woodworking and even "etched" a design in the cabinets for her; and she got new handles and knobs. Easy way to update a kitchen!

You can even go for some of the wonderful wallpaper they have out; they even have "textured" wallpapers that are white; and then you paint over them! These give a "textured" look to the wall without great expense! If I were you, I would go at different times to various paint centers, and choose colors that pop out at you. Then take a "sample" and hold near the wall; and try to "envision" what it would look like!
Good luck! (I am currently working on a bedroom in this same manner!) (09/28/2010)

By MzScarlett

I have recently purchased new maple cabinets, they are stained praline. I have a dark granite counter top. What color will look best with the maple cabinets to make them pop?

I just had a new kitchen installed with natural maple cabinets, maple floor, white Corian countertops and appliances. My kitchen flows into the dining area and living room. I need color advice for the walls and would like something bright (other than yellow).

I have Maple color cabinets and Corian beige counter tops. The floor is cream. I wanted to know if wild honey color and a red ink color would fit in the kitchen?

Load More