Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets

Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Cabinets often occupy a significant space in your kitchen. So choosing a paint color that coordinates with your cabinetry is important. This page contains paint color advice for kitchen with maple cabinets.

I am useless at choosing colours for my kitchen. It is a small galley kitchen with maple units and wall cupboards. The work top is black with specks of grey, hardly noticeable, and the floor is a dark colour like a blacky brown. The splash back tiles are like a light terracotta. What colour would be best to give it some life please? I have added a couple of pictures of the kitchen, but they aren't very good. But they do show the colours of the cupboards and work tops.

Answers

Can't say I'm much better when it comes to choosing colours, Linda, but what do you think about a very pale tan? Same tone as the back splash tiles but much lighter? I'm glad you posted pictures as there's lots going on in that room: cupboards, walls, counter, chrome appliance, white appliance, black appliances, white window trim .... A little something on the walls to create a bit more unity / calm might be just the thing?

Good luck!

I am contemplating a color for my kitchen and need some suggestions. I have light blonde maple cabinets and dark countertops. The adjoining room is SW paint color Toasty Chocolate brown.

I am thinking about either a sage/olive green or a golden tone. I would like for the cabinets to stand out against the wall color as well as something that is not too dark as the adjoining living room is a dark color.

Amanda

Anonymous

I love the look of your kitchen! Anything cool tone would look awesome! Doesn't have to be as dark as the example here, however, you will be surprised how beautiful and soothing even if in the dark shades it would look with the black and light wood tones!

Oh, but keep the ceiling 'as is' ;-) Personally, I like the red violet and blue green ;-) Hope you post a picture of your finished product :-)

What I did I went to the hardware store & picked up some sample & put them on the wall to see what color would look good on it. I went with a Autumn Reverie card no. 7-D. My cabinets & floor is the same color as your is.

Hope it helps.

First let me say you have a beautiful home. I disagree witht the person who advised you to use cool colors. I prefer a warm, sunny kitchen that is friendly and personable. For that reason, I'd choose apple green which is a lighter green with yellow in it (light yellow green). IMHO, any shade you choose should have a little yellow in it. YOu have dark appliances and dark countertops so you need something light to offset them. Also, your cabinets have a yellow undertone. So you'll want a shade that "goes with" them rather than clashes. If you dont care for the contemporary citrisy green I've suggested, you might want to go with cream. Cream is a warm white. Its a milky, creamy color.

Good luck

My floors are terracotta but otherwise the same color scheme. My adjoining living room is sage and I have wallpapered with a vegetable theme.

You can see every room in my first level from the kitchen--can be complicated but the wallpaper allows for a variety of options in adjoining rooms. I love the sage-very soothing.

You might be on the money with the gold tones. I heard yellow is the big decorating color for china, etc. these days. Maybe you could take the photo to the paint store and ask a knowledgeable person.

I think a deep sage green would be beautiful.

I have similiar cabinets and counters. I did mine with a very light sage and a shade darker sponged over. It looks great. If I had a picture I'd send it to you!

What color should I paint my kitchen? I have cedar maple cabinets, light hardwood floors, Impala black granite counter tops, seat cushions with brick red, sage green, and tan stripe. I can't make a decision. Help.

By EZCARDS from Washington, DC

Maybe green or yellow will look ok for your kitchen, good luck.

I love sage. It's warm and adds color, but isn't too harsh. Try this site with a color visualizer to help you see how it will look. http://www.benjaminmoore.com

Match the green or tan (with a tiny touch of yellow for brightening)! You'll be thrilled with the finished look.

I really like a cream color it is a neutral. That way you can change you accessories down the line without having to repaint your entire kitchen.

I have dark green granite countertops and honey-maple cabinets in my kitchen. What paint color would look best with these?

By Susan

What color is the flooring? I have dark green countertops and the pattern on the walls have a light soft aqua in it and that really compliments the countertops. Light peach would be pretty too if it doesn't clash with the floor coloring.

I think a light green would look nice. I have dark green counters, and light green walls/wood cabinets (medium color, ( I'm not sure what wood) but the light green looks great!

Peachy or terra cotta.

I want to paint my kitchen/dining room Middleshire Green (light mint blue), Milk Chocolate (light chocolate brown), and Light Raffia (sand). I know I want my walls textured in the light mint blue, but what about the trim and cabinets? I have a sandy colored countertop with different shades of sandy tan ceramic on my floor.

By Ashley from Philadelphia, MS

For the trim, I would go with a crisp white (assuming you're painting), as this will help highlight the other colors.

I would suggest a tint or tone of colors already used. Ceilings do not have to be white. I have a sky blue ceiling (Carolina Blue) and it works in the location. Also there are sparkles that can be added to spray paint for light. In a pale mint ceiling it would be light and different. Perhaps a darker version of one of your colors for the dining area ceiling would make it seem more cozy and more formal.

I would paint the cabinets the chocolate brown color or a little darker and the trim the sand color to or the chocolate brown.

What color (other than green) should I paint my kitchen walls? My appliances are white, floor is beige, and backsplash tile is cream. The cabinets are light maple and the kitchen is somewhat dark.

By Sue B

I would like some kitchen wall color suggestions for a medium size kitchen. It has maple cabinets, antiqued with mocha. The backsplash is ceramic 4x4 tiles of light taupe, antique whites, and a slight beige mixed into splashes of color. I have 4x4 every 4th tile of antique dark bronze inlays in backsplash.

By Karen from Perry, FL

Sounds like you need a bit of color. Go to www.diynetwork.com or hgtv.com for adivce. You can create your kitchen with the colors and try out different colors in the "create your own space" tab and try on different colors before you paint. Sherwin Williams also does the create your own space. Better to be safe than have to live with a color you hate.

Hope this helps.

I would like suggestions for paint color for a kitchen with warm brown maple cabinets and an oak floor, whitish countertops and back-splash and almond-colored appliances. I tend to be country to traditional in decorating style.

By Eileen from Monroe, NY

For a paint color: I would choose an olive green. It feels cozy, relaxing and looks very nice.

I would suggest a sage green or a bluish/gray color.

The color of my cabinets is "Hardrock Maple" the color of my countertop is "Butter-Rum". I have stainless steel appliances. I am looking for suggestions on floor color and paint color.

Please help, I have horrible design taste and do not want to mess up.

Scott from Kew Gardens, NY

Take a trip to Lowes or Home Depot and talk to some one in the paint and flooring departments.

How about ivory(slightly yellowish white)for the floor and a light shade of grey, blue grey, or sage(a light greyish green) for the walls. Get some paint chips and tape them to your walls. Paint chips are small but they will give you an iidea.

I have maple cabinets and stainless steel appliances. The countertop is black with gray and beige specks and the backsplash has a slight gray swirl. The kitchen is a galley kitchen and is very small.

By Robin B from Delran, NJ

We are buying a 10 yr. old home. The kitchen has light maple cabinets. We want to put in a granite countertop. What color of granite should we go with. We were thinking of old Venetian gold, but are confused if it will make the kitchen look too dull. The flooring is of oak wood medium color, neither dark nor too light. I don't want to have a white kitchen, so can anyone please suggest a good color to paint kitchen and for granite. Don't want too bright nor too dull.

By Siya

I have very light maple kitchen cabinets (from the 80s) and black counter tops. My kitchen walls run up against my dining room walls so they need to compliment each other. My dining room is a light blue and has white California shutters that I love. I would like to go with a darker, bolder color in the kitchen as it is very bland looking right now.

By LH Sudbury

I need to paint my kitchen. I have maple units with black worktops. I am also going to change the tiles. What paint colour do you think would work? What colour tiles would like good?

By Lee

I need help with deciding a paint color for my kitchen. I am completely remodeling. I am having maple cabinets, walnut flooring, white trim, stainless appliances, and Giallo Napoli granite counter tops. I will be painting this weekend (6/4/11). Thank you.

By Lynn

As walnut has a slight purple cast, I would suggest a color that reflects that or the yellow of the maple. This is going to be tricky and as much as a hate to say it, I would recommend an off white unless you really want to be adventuresome and that you might consider a neon yellow. I am not sure what color your counter tops are, but I am guessing a gray with spots of purple. Also consider the color on next room so the colors will flow from room to room.

Can someone suggest kitchen paint colors? I have cherry maple cabinets, golden sand polished granite (which is creamy with specks of gold, pinkish coral and green), with quartzite gold porcelain floor tiles. The back splash is creamy with specks of gold.

I have only two walls to paint near the window. The room is very bright. I want the cabinets to pop more than the paint, but I still want some color. I want the room to seem bigger than it is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.

By Jane from Yonkers, NY

Try and auburn but not to dark, or darker yellow.

I'm looking for a paint color for my kitchen. The cabinets are maple, the countertop is Corian and the over all color is sage green with specks of darker sage and a grayish white. The back splash is grayish white.

Any suggestions?

By Eileen from West Chester, PA

I would suggest a very light maple color bordering on yellow or yellow in curtains or pursue something in the green family. A bright, light green might be appealing. What are your appliances? If they are white, then you may not need the brighter colors, but if they aren't, an bright accent color might be best. You have neutral colors to work with so you can play with colors. Consider how much light you have.

I have maple cabinets, stainless steel appliances, black granite countertops, and cobalt blue pendant lights. What color do I paint the walls?

By Marla from WI

I have maple cabinets and black countertops and I painted my kitchen yellow! (not to dark and not to pastel.). Go to the store and get 3 different color paint samples and chose from there! My other kitchen color (floor mat, plates) is red!

We are remodeling our kitchen; we are doing charcoal concrete counter tops with a gray floor tile. Our cabinets are a honey maple color. Appliances are black and stainless steel. We get the morning sun that shines in. What color should I paint the walls or should I paint the cabinets and leave the walls white? I have upload a picture, as you can see, we are still in the moving and prepping stages to install floors and counters.

I want to paint my sofit and have medium brown maple cabinets. What colors will go with the cabinets?

By Clara G

I have medium maple cabinets with mixed dark brown quartz countertops. I am thinking of orange paint for small areas of walls in kitchen. Also I have stainless steel appliances.

By Susan B.

What color should I paint my kitchen walls? I have light/yellowish maple cabinets, tan granite counter and backslash, and off white tile flooring with stainless steel appliances? Thanks!

By Jake from San Jose, CA

We are doing a total renovation of our kitchen. The cabinets are Thomasville maple, stain is called cider. The appliances will be slate. I purchased a pendant light for above the sink which is a punched kettle black tin, the ceiling will be off white. The counter top is Silverstone, called tea leaf.
What paint color(s) would be best? Thank you.

By Sharon

I have red maple cabinets with black/gold granite counter tops and stainless appliances in a fairly large kitchen with lots of light. It is partially open to a dark green/cream painted living room. What paint color will match for the kitchen? (Something other than mustard yellow or beige/brown which makes my walls look pink.)

By Mimi

I need help with what color to paint the kitchen walls and the color for curtains? or Roman shades? I have light golden maple wood kitchen cabinets and ceramic 12x12 floor (called Caribbean Slate from Lowe's, it's a light neutral tile, which has gray/silver with green hues mixed with splashes of sand, beige, and cream tones- so neutral goes with practically anything). I am thinking of getting a darker granite counter with some black in it, and stainless steel appliances. The color in our dining room, which is separated by an archway, is a chocolate beige (Benjamin Moore Big Bend Beige). I'm thinking of just going with a beige to play it safe, but want to have color so thinking yellow? or gray color w/ slight green undertone? or green/sage? or bronze brass reddish color? I'm all over the map and not sure what direction to go. I could really use any help. Thanks.

By Ellen D. from Lakewood, NJ

I am looking for a paint colors for the kitchen. We have maple cabinets, darker hardwood floors, and granite countertops that are beige, cream, and black (fairly neutral).

By Ryan

What color should I paint my kitchen with spice maple cabinets and new Venetian gold granite?

By Kat

Answers:

Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Maple Cabinets and Gold Granite

The lightest colors in the Venetian Gold Granite is what I would work with. Looks like from a photo of it I researched, its the softest color of yellow or the off white color I see for a choice. (03/21/2011)

By Lorelei

We renovated our Colonial in 2006. We updated the kitchen with maple toffee cabinets and Dakota mahogany granite countertops. I would like to brighten and neutralize the kitchen and do a backsplash to help it sell.

Load More