Paint Color Ideas

Any ideas for wall color? I have an originally built 1950's bathroom, gray tile with burgundy tile trim both on the vanity and wall. The house is traditional in style.

Annied from Brooklyn, NY

Answers:

Paint Color Ideas

I see your walls in a 'new' pink--- not pepto-bismol pink, but a softer, rosy pink. Pinkish colors in a bathroom make you look good in the morning. We can all use that boost! Remember wearing burgundy and pink years ago? It was all the rage. (11/02/2007)

By BellaNell

Paint Color Ideas

I'm so glad you are not destroying the the tiles in your bathroom. I get sick when I see them ripped out in the name of "modernizing", when you have something so wonderful to work with. The soft pink idea sounds good (just get the right shade) or if the grey is a warm one, match it. You can always use deeper grey and burgundy as your accents, in accessories. I did this years ago, with a different tile color palette, supposedly out of date, playing up what I had and it was a smashing success, with many complements. You might even find some "stylish" wallpaper that incorporates your colors. (11/02/2007)

By EGGZ

Paint Color in Kitchen

Don't paint white. I have a white kitchen and am getting ready to paint it because it is too hard to keep the walls clean. Just keep that in mind. (07/24/2008)

By Kim in Illinois