Paint Color Ideas

Paint Color Ideas

We just purchased our first new home and I am stumped on choosing paint colors for the walls. I want to do a dark cranberry in the kitchen but I am not sure on the living room and the hall. I am getting new furniture which is chocolate brown with dark end tables.

The wall that you see through the arch way will have to match the living room I think or at least be a shade lighter. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. I was thinking of Sherwin Williams 6020 Marooned for the Kitchen, 7525 for the living room and 7254 for the hallway. I am also wondering where I should stop painting the kitchen, over top of the closet or at the corner before.

By blue_eyed_lady from Moncton, New Brunswick

Answers:

Paint Color Ideas

Did you try going to the website for Sherwin Williams? I like the Better Homes and Garden website and the Home and Garden TV website. I recently moved into an apartment and haven't painted yet either but have decided on my colors.
Good luck! (04/10/2009)

By gypsykate

Paint Color Ideas

I would go with almost a caramel color in the kitchen, stopping at the corner of the closet and a green in the living room. Look for a green color called 'thistle', it's really nice. (04/13/2009)

By PICO

Paint Color Ideas

Remember the lighter the color is that you use the larger the room will appear. That is why all new homes are painted white to make the rooms look larger than they actually are. I too would go with a very, very light muted caramel color in the living room (to go with your furniture) then paint a very, very light muted cranberry color in the kitchen, stopping at the corner of the closet. You are only looking for a hint of color here, not a color that is heavy that will make the two rooms appear smaller. Keep us all up to date on what you decide and congratulations on your first home! (04/14/2009)

By Paula Jo Carr

Paint Color Ideas
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint
🎉
🎄