Paint Colors for Bathroom with Harvest Gold Fixtures

We are renting an apartment, it has a harvest yellow/gold tub and sink. We can't paint and the walls are white. What colors will go with harvest yellow/gold? I was looking at maybe an orange or a dark blue.

Angela from Lancaster, PA

Answers:

Paint Colors for Bathroom with Harvest Yellow Fixtures

Have you thought about using sunflowers as a theme? Or find a picture with your harvest yellow, blue, and orange, maybe something from the Grand Canyon? National Geographic has some great pictures with great colours. Or, you could do a salute to the past and decorate with a retro theme. (03/12/2009)

By laclady

I liked your idea of using blue, but I'd stay away from gold. Royal blue curtains and maybe a shower curtain with some blue and gold (OK, I said gold) print. Maybe bright blue bath mat and toilet cover. (03/12/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

I had that bathroom too, only mine had a vanity top that looked like snowflakes or something; all with the same harvest gold on a white background. Anyway, I did the navy blue/gold, but with the stars and moons. At least it looked intentional. Oh, and now that we've got our own house, no harvest gold in sight. (03/13/2009)

By LAnBfflo

If you're renting. Most landlords don't want hard to cover colors; dark anything, oranges, reds. Since you have gold fixtures how about soft yellow, pale/sea foam green, or a soft blue. (03/14/2009)

By Ms_Iceangel

I had the same issue a few years ago. I was surprised to find that a deep dark purple accented with a light lavender (blue toned lavender) went very well. I got this idea from a new modern industrial building that combined dark purple-blue, maize, and teal.

The shower curtain and towels had these purple hues with the 70's light gold color and even splashes of turquoise. I made a beach bathroom, used beach towels in these hues, with purple and teal. I found a couple of prints that had gold and purple in them, hung shells all around and topped it off with a Hawaii calender. It looked great.

My friend had the same color of sink and tub and went with similar colors, but with a Caribbean style. We both had white walls we couldn't change, but all the bright fabric, picture, and towels really made it pop! Hope this helps. (03/14/2009)

By Aurelia

I think the royal blue would look great. So would a rich emerald or forest green. (03/14/2009)

By JustPlainJo

I would go with taupe, chocolate brown, and a teal blue color. I know it is not what everyone else would choose. I am somewhat of an experimenter when it comes to colors. If you stay in the same tone of colors you will be fine. What I would do is take a picture of the tub or sink up close so you get a really good look at the color. Take it with you to the store and match it up with towels, shower curtains, and curtains. You might find something else that looks better than blue. (03/15/2009)

By bina2j

I second purple. A restaurant near me has harvest gold and purple on their walls and it looks great. I never would have thought about it unless I had seen it first! It will really make the harvest gold seem less dated and more modern. (03/16/2009)

By Beth

Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Bathroom Tiles
Bathroom Tile Color Advice
A shiny pile of gold chains, rings and other jewelry
Cleaning Gold Jewelry
Cash for Gold
Selling Gold Jewelry For Cash
🎉
🎄