Paint for Laminate Countertops

I see more than one person has used Stone Spray paint to refinish their counter tops. I was thinking of doing it in my bathroom, and was wondering about feedback as to how it holds up. And any tips on doing it. Thank you for any advise.

By Eva from CA

Answers:

Paint for Laminate Countertops

I used 3 coats of American Accents Stone (sienna) spray paint on my cultured marble countertop and sink. Before applying the paint I sanded the countertop and sink and used gray Glidden Gripper Primer.

My main concern was getting the top smooth without any of the little flecks of the stone paint sticking above the polyurethane. I decided to try to sand the flecks of stone paint that stood up high (I figured if I messed it up I could always apply an extra coat of the spray paint) I used 220 grit sandpaper lightly over the paint until I felt it was smooth enough to give me the smooth top I was looking for. It did not take away from the stone look at all and I am very pleased with the outcome. I did put about 20 coats of Minwax oil based polyurethane on the top using a sponge brush. I know that for many of you that takes too long to keep you from using your countertop, but it was in our second bathroom so it was doable. I was afraid to try the Envirotex because I heard that it does scratch easily and if I am happy with the results I plan on doing my kitchen countertops the same way.

It has only been a week since I have done the countertop and sink so I am going to wait to see how well it holds up with the polyurethane before doing my kitchen. I am sorry I don't have any pictures to show you, but I only have my cell phone to use and the pictures came out terrible. If I get a hold of a digital camera I will post one for you.
Everyone who has seen my countertop and sink cannot believe I did it myself, they said it looks like a real stone countertop and sink! (07/12/2010)

By Nefertiti

painting a countertop
Painting a Laminate Counter Top
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
Laminate Flooring
Using Laminate Flooring for Countertops
laminate samples
Cloudy White Spots on Laminate Countertop
🎉
🎄