Can I Glue New Laminate Over Old Laminate?

Category Kitchen
It is possible to lay new laminate over old as long as you use the proper adhesive and methodology. This is a page about, "Can I glue new laminate over old laminate?".

Can I glue new laminate over old Laminate? The old laminate is worn, but is not coming off.

Georgann from Edmonton, Canada

Feedback:

Yes, if the laminate has grooves or a pattern, there is a product that you spread on it first, so that the old pattern doesn't come through. I purchased this at Lowe's and it worked great. Don't remember the product name, sorry.

By LaDonna Koenig

Contact Adhesive

Yes, but you can't use just any type glue. What will work best is what is called a contact adhesive.

By Dean

Did Not Work For Me

I tried, but it didn't work. I did everything I was supposed to do, and used the contact cement they recommend. It never stuck well and bubbles kept popping up. I wasted $200.00 doing this. Don't do it.

By Christa

We are updating our laminate countertop with a faux granite laminate. Can the new laminate be placed directly on to the old laminate or should we remove the old counter top first?

By Cookie from NY

Answers

Excellent advice in the archives below :-)

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenMarch 18, 2017
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf12572567.tip.html