Using Laminate Flooring for Countertops?

If you have leftover laminate flooring you might be wondering if it can be used on countertops. This is a page about using laminate flooring for countertops.

I have a black forest oak laminate flooring and I want to use the same laminate on my countertops. My question is how do I top coat it and make it heat resistant and waterproof? I want to bring the same color from the floors to the counter "it is our cabin". I think it will look very good.

By Sharon

Answers

At Lowes they sell butcher block sealer that we used on real wood countertops. It won't make it heat resistant, but it will keep water out and make it food safe. Good luck.

You are not going to be able to do everything a counter top should. No cutting, no setting down anything. Try a spot on the floor...make a sample copy, before wasting your time and money to make a counter top.

I know you will not be happy. Heck, even only unfinished plank counters will get to you after a bit, when a stain sets or a too warm cup of coffee is parked. If you don't mind that simple goofs will happen, and continue to happen, it becomes your choice.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceMarch 23, 2013
🌻
😷
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Laminate-Flooring-for-Countertops.html