Painting Over Wallpaper

We have a mobile home with pre-papered wallboard. Can we paint over it and how?

Elzadia from Beach Park, IL

Kilz

First of all, use Kilz on all the walls, then primer over that then paint. You could just paint over the Kiltz, but I would use a primer first just to make sure the paint adheres to the wall properly since it is a mobile home.

By grammaoftwo

Kilz

We just finished a mobile home and I painted right over the wallpaper. I didn't use Kilz or a primer, that would be a waste of money. I just used plain old paint right over th paper, did the trick. The paint hid the old wallpaper and looked really nice. We also painted the paneling too. It looks so good, didn't primer it either.

By imaqt1962

Sandpaper

I've painted both my bathrooms in my mobile home, and all I had to do is scuff up the walls completely with some light weight sand paper. Try not to skip any areas. I don't have the energy or money to do all the fancy stuff. I just scuff and paint, I used a good quality mold paint for my bathroom. I've had no problems at all of it staying on. It did take an extra coat where it soaked in though. I just allowed a little extra paint. This way will give you some "texture" also to your wall, which I like. I also applied border to it, and it held up fine. No problems.

By Glinda

Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄