Painting Wood Paneling

I have wood paneling in my back room. How do I paint it? Do I do it like normal or is there something I put on it first to make the paint stick better? I also need to know what type of paint is easy to clean messes off of. Thanks.

By Unfrivolus Fawn from Tucson, AZ

Answers:

Painting Wood Paneling

If you Google "painting wood paneling" there are a ton of options. I've been following this couple's journey as they have revamped/remodeled their home and here's how they recommend one paints paneling:

http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/08/how-to-paint-wood-paneling/

Their way isn't the only way, but their home looks awesome for being the young couple they are and just jumped into revamping their home and post about what works and what doesn't work for them. (05/15/2010)

By COflower

Painting Wood Paneling

We used a good primer over the paneling prior to painting and then just a normal indoor, washable paint for the walls. I've washed them a few times and even scrubbed around where the light switches are and never had any problems with the paint coming off. Be aware that primer stinks way more than paint so you'll want to prime with your doors and windows open until it dries, if you can. Also, you'll need turpentine or the equivalent to clean your brushes after priming because it doesn't wash out with just soap and water the way some wall paints do. (07/03/2010)

By kjablue

Painting Wood Paneling
Painting Wood Paneling
Wallpaper installed over wood paneling.
Wallpapering Over Wood Paneling
room with wallpaper
Updating Old Wood Paneling
Wood Paneling
Removing Water Stains from Barnwood Paneling
Refinishing Wood Paneling
Refinishing Wood Paneling
🎉
🎄