Painting a Counter Top

I would like info on painting a counter top. What kind of paint to use etc.?

Pauline from Winnipeg

Answers:

Painting a Counter Top

I painted my counter top two or three years ago and it still looks great. I first cleaned the counter well and used a high adhesion primer with a foam roller. I then did two coats of black latex paint and then used a sea sponge and white craft paint to pounce over that. I then used two coats of a poly type top coat. It is still looking great. I did this to see if I'd like the color before committing to it when we redo our kitchen. Hope you give it a try. (06/05/2008)

By Connie

RE: Painting a Counter Top

Painting a Counter Top

Whatever technique you use, I'd seal it with a marine sealer, the kind that's used on boats. Since they are in the water, this type of sealer should extend the life of your project. (06/14/2008)

By KJ

Painting a Counter Top
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Counter Top Dishwasher
Buying a Counter Top Dishwasher
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 3:20:07 PM on 10.0.1.114 in 947 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.