Buying a Counter Top Dishwasher

An option for an older home or a kitchen without the space for a built-in dishwasher, is a counter top model. This is a guide about buying a counter top dishwasher.

I am looking for a small counter top dishwasher. I know they were made years ago, don't know if they still are. I'm single and I hate hand washing dishes. Can anyone tell me if they are still made and where I can find one? I have back problems and can't stand for any length of time. Thank you for any help.

Ellen from Maricopa, CA

Answers

By Melanie (Guest Post)

We looked into countertop dishwashers a few years back. We found that it was better for us to buy a portable dishwasher, rather than the countertop model - it didn't cost too much more, but you can get a full load in it, including pots and pans. With the countertop model, you can only fit a few plates, utensils, glasses. Its also useless if you have company over for dinner! The other bonus is that instead of taking up counter space, we have a bit of extra counter space that can be moved when we need it! I know that the countertop dishwashers are not found in too many stores nowadays, but if you go to danby.com you can find the product you want, and a local dealer who may carry it.

By SARA (Guest Post)

WE FOUND ONE AT BEST BUY

By KLS8800 (Guest Post)

We also have a portable dishwasher. It has a butcher-block type countertop. We got ours at Lowes. Not too bad...sometimes the dishes don't dry completely, but I think I may have found the solution to that (thanks to thrifty tips, I should add).

Our dishwasher was about $350. I would think anything other than portable would be a complete pain in the neck to repair...JMHO. Good luck

By trisha (Guest Post)

www.nextag.com/.../search-html