Vote for this contest contender!
This cute octopus is a good rainy day craft for children old enough to handle scissors and marker pens. I've made mine sea green, but you can decorate yours any way you want.
- 1 piece of light green paper
- 1 green or blue marker pen
- 1 pair of scissors
- paper glue
- 2 wiggle eyes
- 1 tissue roll tube
- Cut a piece of paper about 3 inches longer than your tube and wide enough to wrap around it.
- Draw wavy lines diagonally across the paper to look like underwater ripples.
- Apply glue down the length of the tube.
- Stick one edge of the paper to the tube.
- Wrap the paper around the tube and stick the other edge in place.
- Cut wide slits at the bottom for tentacles. We all know that octopuses have 8 tentacles, but don't worry about getting the exact number.
- Use the edge of your scissors to make the tentacles curl. Go gently so as not to tear the paper.
- Use plenty of glue to stick the eyes in place.
- Give your octopus a big happy smile with your marker pen
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!