How to Make a Yarn Octopus Doll
These retro yarn dolls are fun for you and your kids to make. This is a guide about how to make a yarn octopus doll.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Create a fun, easy, cheap yarn doll in no time!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 Doll
- 1 yarn spool
- Optional: google eyes and felt scraps
- Wrap yarn into a large circle loop. The more yarn that is used in the loop will create thicker legs for the octopus. Also, the larger the loop, the larger the overall size of the doll.
- Tie a string through the top of the loop and tie a knot. Also tie a string around the neck to create the head.
- Cut the bottom of the yarn loop to free the strings.
- Equally divide the strings until eight sections.
- Braid each of the eight sections to create legs. Enjoy!
- Optional: Add a face with googly eyes and a felt smile.
August 10, 20150 found this helpful
Adorable but isn't this a CRAFT not a TIP?
Editor's Note: Thanks, Donna. It has been changed.
August 12, 20150 found this helpful