Paper Towels Clogging a Toilet

My son flushed a whole roll of paper towels and now I have a stubborn clog. Water will slowly drain after a flush, leaving a paper pulp mess behind. No solids will go down. I scooped out all the pulp from the bowl. I have tried a plunger and 2 different toilet augers (3 foot and 6 foot). The rest of the drains in the house are OK, so the clog is not in the main sewer line. I even tried septic tank cleaner 2 days ago, with no results.

Kennath from Las Vegas

Answers:

Paper Towels Clogging a Toilet

What you need is called a snake. They come with enough length to go from the toilet to the street. You may be able to rent one from a home box store or a tool rental company. Otherwise let nature take its course and eventually the paper will dissipate on its own. (11/22/2006)

By Dean

Paper Towels Clogging a Toilet

You may want to try some bleach. It may just eat the paper. (11/25/2006)

By kduchin

Paper Towels Clogging a Toilet

Try that once a month septic granules, I think it's called Rid-X. It has enzymes that break down matter in a septic system so it should work for the paper towel clog.
Good luck ! (07/30/2010)

By paulajeromeg

Paper Towels Clogging a Toilet
Paper Towels
Fixing a Toilet Clogged By Paper Towels
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎄