Browsing: Parade Float Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Parade Float Ideas

Schools, organizations, and businesses often participate in parades for homecoming and holidays. Part of the fun and sometimes the stress is coming up with an idea for your float. This is a guide about parade float ideas.

Blue Parade Float Skirt
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 12, 2016 Flag

We have a 4-H group and are looking for ideas for our float for the parade.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 14, 2016 Flag

We have a ski boat we will be entering in a 4th of July boat parade this summer. The parade theme this year is "Our Children". Any great decorating ideas?

January 9, 2016 Flag

I want to build a flatbed float with the theme heroes and villains to represent a hospital.

For a hospital? Any way you can make the heroes doctors and nurses? The villains could be illnesses or germs, if you could figure out a way to represent them.

August 2, 2015 Flag

We are a conservation club and need a float idea. Please help!

Wow...here's a few off the top of my head.

1. How about using TOTALLY RECYCLED materials to make some sculptures of either people, animals, local buildings, etc? It would take some effort and maybe you can get some artistic teenagers or an art club involved if you have the time, but it could really be pretty cool!

2. What about sending out notices that you will be COLLECTING some sort of recyclables (aluminum cans can be cashed in for your organization, or even the attendees used books..as one of our local groups do to recycle) at the parade float along the way? Then YOU will recycle them at the end of the parade. That will get your community directly involved with you and even look for your float!

3. Of course if you could create a beautiful woodland scene with scrubs (maybe a local nursery will loan you some potted plants and maybe a few animal lawn statues(?) if you add their name as a donor on the float) to show WHAT COULD BE when we conserve our natural resources...that might be thought provoking...Make a sign explaining that "this is what COULD be" when we care about our earth.

4.Lastly, you could always either have some brave and outgoing person or have a contest locally (ask your local paper, TV and/or radio station to help you promote it) have people send in their idea of MOTHER NATURE...where folks can dress up and email or send in photo's dressed up as MOTHER NATURE (and pick on or two or even ALL of them to join you on the float)....OR if it's too late ask all the STAFF and possibly their families (AT LEAST THEIR KIDS!) to dress up as mother nature for the float.

If there is anyway to get flower seeds for your staff to pass out along the route and invite the attendees to plant some flowers where they live, that would be great too and may help feed the local birds, butterflies and bees in the future!

I wish you the best of luck with your float! Wish I could see it!

August 2, 2015 Flag

The theme is Father Marquette. Any ideas for a float?

Well, I guess you have already considered dressing someone up as Father Marquette.

How about placing him and a few "indians" in a canoe, paddling down one of the rivers he traveled on the float? Might even set up that they catch a fake fish or two along the way just to stay fun for the float actors...

July 28, 2015 Flag

We are a bowling alley with a strong group of youths who will be walking in parade with us. Our theme is Blue Jeans and Country Dreams. We have a flatbed trailer approximately 25' long. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. We want to incorporate the dreams of bowling a 300 perfect game plus the kids will be wearing blue jeans and their league shirts handing out free game certificates and of course candy.

OOOUUUU...Sounds FUN!!

That is a good dream! I bowled a 290 once and will remember it forever!!

How about making an oversized bed with sleeping figure (or giant paper mache PIN with a sleeping face on it) with a sign that SAYS DREAMING OF A PERFECT SCORE above it's head. You could hang some pins out on springs all over the float/bed (like they were hit with a bowling ball) too...

My alternative idea would be to replicate a bowling lane and have someone look like they are actually bowling on it (going through the motions, perhaps with a dark balloon but NOT really letting go of the ball) with the kids hidden or swatting down on the other end of the 'lane' holding one pin each. When the bowler LETS go of their imaginary ball the pin kids either jump up with their pins in the air or throw them up in the air and catch them from down on the float - OR have the pin kids throw CANDY out to the parade attendees at that time! Have the STRIKE SOUND piped in somewhere too when they do so too!

Let me know what you do! Sounds like a good time!

June 29, 2015 Flag

I work at a real estate office and we are going to be in a local festival parade. We can't come up with a theme. Please help! Our company s called Century 21 New Heritage.

Well I would think HOME SWEET HOME, Home is where the HEART IS, The Three Pigs or other HOME based references would be great for business and fun too!

Or if you have the time and talents you can even mirror the characters from the wizard of Oz, including Dorothy, tin man, scarecrow, lion and wizard (with a small hot air balloon, small house and of course Toto?)and make a sign that says "There's no place like HOME" Using kids as the stars could really be cute too!!

Enjoy your Day!

June 11, 2015 Flag

I own a small grocery store and we're having a town celebration and I need a idea for a float entry. The name of my store is Bonnie's Hometown Grocery and I also have a greenhouse called Bonnie's Bloomers. I would like to try to tie it in with some sort of song because I think a parade needs fun music. Any ideas?

Ouuu...Sounds like FUN!

If you can choose any float theme How about "My Bonnie lies over the Ocean" and have a waterfall/water theme with your lovely plants surrounding it"?

The song is know by most people, catchy and you can invite the spectators to sing along, swaying with the music..and it reminds them WHO is hosting the float!

I love the name Bonnie's Bloomers too... another idea could be an oversized pot of Flowers/plants in the center of the float in a giant pair of bloomers. Having cute kids in oversized (and stuffed) bloomers would be especially memorable too!

Most of all... Have fun!

November 5, 2013 Flag

We are having our annual Christmas parade and the theme is based on the lake where we live. The theme is Lake Cumberland Christmas. We have a bass boat and truck we want to incorporate into the parade, but are stuck on what to do. Can someone help? Thank you so much!

By Heather M

We made a pirate ship out of a fishing boat on a trailer. We used wide black cloth from home depot meant for blocking weeds under garden dirt. then got some float suppies and made sparkling waves on the side. Painted pvc pipe brown and made masts. had a pirate ship steering wheel, used more black cloth for tied up sails. put kids in as captain hook, peter pan, wendy , mermaids etc. You can figure anyway to tie it in, instead of "Pirates of the Caribbean" it could be "pirates of the ....." "sailing over ...." or "....is our never, never land"

November 4, 2011 Flag

I am looking for float ideas for a veterinary practice, the theme is " All I want For Christmas". Thank you.

By E.F

"All I Want For Christmas is my two front teeth!" You could focus on the dental services and have big poster board depictions of cartoon animals flashing their whitey teeth.

Read More Answers...

July 11, 2011 Flag

Any ideas for a parade float for a veterinary hospital with the theme "Honoring Those Who Serve"? Thanks.

By ValNR from NY

I recently read an article on a website about adopting out retired K9 army dogs. We are thinking right now maybe incorporate them, plus other service animals (seizure dogs/cats, seeing eye dogs, search and rescue, canine good citizen) and decorating the float to look like a dog.

Read More Answers...

June 29, 2009 Flag

I am looking for ideas for a small town parade float with the theme "Old Values New Ideas" for a veterinarian clinic.

By michael72501 from WY

For the old values, new ideas you might have some older animals that are up for adoption. Many people reject older animals as an option when looking for pets. If you have any geriatric patients, have them on board or walking around the float. If you have a behaviorist, show that old dogs can indeed learn new tricks.

Read More Answers...

November 7, 2008 Flag

I work for my local animal shelter and we need help figuring out how to decorate a Christmas parade float with the theme that is picked out and incorporating the dogs and cats. Our Christmas parade theme is "Shining the Light on Christmas". Any ideas on how we can make this float?

Ginger from Cleveland, MS

Ok, I've put a lot of thought into this one. It would take a bit of effort but would be totally the highlight of the parade. You would need 5 large pieces of plexi-glass, drill holes (about 1") all around it(at least 10 in each panel), you would need to make a box out of them (they would have to be melted together and of course would not have a bottom (it would fit over their decorated small cages that would be sitting on a "stage" under the plexi-glass. This would simulate a storefront and you could even make a storefront scene. Have children kneeling outside the "window" looking in at them and a few parents. decorate the float to simulate a street(something like you would see on a Norman Rockwell print) have a spot light shining down on the animals (simulate this with a streetlight or simply use a spotlight attached to your "storefront" use snow outside on the street.

Read More Answers...

November 13, 2010 Flag

I am building a float for a small town Christmas parade. I need ideas on what to use in my float. The theme of the parade is, "Keep Christ in Christmas".

By Heather from Atlanta, TX

Jesus is the reason for the season; which means keep Christ in Christmas as He is the reason that Crhistmas is celebrated. Actually, the "retailers" and marketers were the ones who promoted Christmas and it was to make enormous revenue for themselves, and knowing how to "manipulate" the "masses" they try and make us feel "guilty" if we do not "buy buy buy";

To counter this: I try and give gifts throughout the year; and always ahead of "christmas" day!

And send Christmas cards out any time of the year; my family has gotten used to me!

Read More Answers...

June 9, 2008 Flag

Our local community has a parade in the summer with the theme "Everyone Is Family". Any ideas for a simple float? Thanks so much.

Di from Colorado

Use a flatbed trailer, put a carpet on it, dining room table, and create a scene of a family dinner. Use real people with dinner napkins tucked into their shirts, exaggerated hairdos, anything dramatic. Make a huge pot of big-gauge spaghetti, and show the Mom dishing up a big swinging blob of spaghetti (fake?) If you can use a generator, put it into a cabinet and set a TV on the cabinet with a movie in it of family scenes like 'Lassie'. You could do present-day or '50's. I guess you would not want to do a parody of the family, but instead celebrate genuine family good times.

Read More Answers...
                  Load More
                  Holidays and Parties Parties Outdoor Parade Float IdeasAugust 8, 2013
                  4th of July Parade
                  4th of July Float Ideas
                  Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
                  St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
                  Trucks decorated for a Christmas parade
                  Christmas Parade Float Ideas
                  St. Patrick's Day Parade Float
                  St. Patrick's Day Float Ideas
                  © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 8:04:55 PM on 10.0.2.198 in 525 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.