Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Parade Float Ideas

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Blue Parade Float Skirt

Schools, organizations, and businesses often participate in parades for homecoming and holidays. Part of the fun and sometimes the stress is coming up with an idea for your float. This is a guide about parade float ideas.

Here are questions related to Parade Float Ideas.

Question: Parade Float Ideas for Football Team and Cheerleaders

Our area private school just started a football team this past season. We would like to let the boys and the cheerleaders ride in the parade. I need a good idea for a float to incorporate the football players and the cheerleaders. Any ideas?

By Jodi

Question: Christmas Float Using a Bass Fishing Boat

We are having our annual Christmas parade and the theme is based on the lake where we live. The theme is Lake Cumberland Christmas. We have a bass boat and truck we want to incorporate into the parade, but are stuck on what to do. Can someone help? Thank you so much!

By Heather M

Most Recent Answer

By erichayes101/03/2014

We made a pirate ship out of a fishing boat on a trailer. We used wide black cloth from home depot meant for blocking weeds under garden dirt. then got some float suppies and made sparkling waves on the side. Painted pvc pipe brown and made masts. had a pirate ship steering wheel, used more black cloth for tied up sails. put kids in as captain hook, peter pan, wendy , mermaids etc. You can figure anyway to tie it in, instead of "Pirates of the Caribbean" it could be "pirates of the ....." "sailing over ...." or "....is our never, never land"

Question: Storybook Themed Parade Float Ideas

I need some ideas for a float that has a storybook theme. It is for a football team.

By Anita

Question: Parade Float Ideas: Theme is " All I want For Christmas"

I am looking for float ideas for a veterinary practice, the theme is " All I want For Christmas". Thank you.

By E.F

Most Recent Answer

By Vivian P.11/08/2011

"All I Want For Christmas is my two front teeth!" You could focus on the dental services and have big poster board depictions of cartoon animals flashing their whitey teeth.

Question: Santa Parade Float Ideas

I work in a hotel and we are hosting Santa. We need to design a float for a parade to take him to our local mall where he will be until Christmas. Any ideas?

By Sara

Most Recent Answer

By pam munro11/04/2011

When my husband & I play Santa & Mrs. Claus we sometimes make our entrance in a horse & carriage (it's there for rides for the kids). So I would suggest getting a carriage! If there is no horse, perhaps you could get a group of people dressed as elves to pull it! Or Santa in a wheelbarrow or some sort of golf cart that's decorated? A Segway? You get the idea...

Question: Parade Float for a Veterinary Practice

Any ideas for a parade float for a veterinary hospital with the theme "Honoring Those Who Serve"? Thanks.

By ValNR from NY

Most Recent Answer

By ValNR07/18/2011

I recently read an article on a website about adopting out retired K9 army dogs. We are thinking right now maybe incorporate them, plus other service animals (seizure dogs/cats, seeing eye dogs, search and rescue, canine good citizen) and decorating the float to look like a dog.

Question: "Keep Christ in Christmas" Parade Float Ideas

I am building a float for a small town Christmas parade. I need ideas on what to use in my float. The theme of the parade is, "Keep Christ in Christmas".

By Heather from Atlanta, TX

Most Recent Answer

By katrina11/13/2010

Jesus is the reason for the season; which means keep Christ in Christmas as He is the reason that Crhistmas is celebrated. Actually, the "retailers" and marketers were the ones who promoted Christmas and it was to make enormous revenue for themselves, and knowing how to "manipulate" the "masses" they try and make us feel "guilty" if we do not "buy buy buy";
To counter this: I try and give gifts throughout the year; and always ahead of "christmas" day!
And send Christmas cards out any time of the year; my family has gotten used to me!

Question: Cub Scouts Parade Float Ideas

I am looking for ideas for a Christmas float for a new cub scout troop. It needs to be inexpensive.

By Vickie from Bremen, KY

Question: Peanut Festival Parade Float Ideas: Theme "Going for the Gold"

I wanted to know if you have any suggestions on how to decorate a float with the main theme being "Going for the Gold" the focus of it is our area's national peanut festival.

By Renea from Dothan, AL

Most Recent Answer

By Sheilah Link10/25/2010

A peanut standing on an Olympic award style platform with bread on one side and jelly on the other, each wearing a medal.

Question: Ideas for "Drug Free" Themed Parade Float

Does anyone have ideas for building a parade float with a drug free theme?

By Cindi from Pittsburgh, PA

Question: Western Pioneer Themed Parade Float Ideas

I need some ideas for a western pioneer parade float. Help please.

By Char from WY

Question: "Unforgettable Memories" Parade Float Ideas

There is kiddie parade coming up with the theme "Unforgettable Memories". Any ideas for a float?

By acarter2008 from Hillsboro, IL

Most Recent Answer

By Donna07/15/2009

A few thoughts to kick start your imagination.
"A Day At The Beach" - white sand, palm trees, beach umbrella, sandcastles, beach towels, beach toys, beach ball, seashells
"Playground Fun" - grass, see-saw, swing, hula hoop, picinic blanket & basket, kite flying
"Playing Dress-Up" - gowns, wigs, hats, old high heels , make-up dresser with mirror and seat

Good Luck and have fun:)

Question: Parade Float Ideas for Veterinary Clinic

I am looking for ideas for a small town parade float with the theme "Old Values New Ideas" for a veterinarian clinic.

By michael72501 from WY

Most Recent Answer

By Mary Ross [3]06/30/2009

For the old values, new ideas you might have some older animals that are up for adoption. Many people reject older animals as an option when looking for pets. If you have any geriatric patients, have them on board or walking around the float. If you have a behaviorist, show that old dogs can indeed learn new tricks.

Question: "Shining the Light on Christmas" Parade Float Ideas

I work for my local animal shelter and we need help figuring out how to decorate a Christmas parade float with the theme that is picked out and incorporating the dogs and cats. Our Christmas parade theme is "Shining the Light on Christmas". Any ideas on how we can make this float?

Ginger from Cleveland, MS

Most Recent Answer

By bobbi11/20/2008

Ok, I've put a lot of thought into this one. It would take a bit of effort but would be totally the highlight of the parade. You would need 5 large pieces of plexi-glass, drill holes (about 1") all around it(at least 10 in each panel), you would need to make a box out of them (they would have to be melted together and of course would not have a bottom (it would fit over their decorated small cages that would be sitting on a "stage" under the plexi-glass. This would simulate a storefront and you could even make a storefront scene. Have children kneeling outside the "window" looking in at them and a few parents. decorate the float to simulate a street(something like you would see on a Norman Rockwell print) have a spot light shining down on the animals (simulate this with a streetlight or simply use a spotlight attached to your "storefront" use snow outside on the street.

Question: Ideas For Float Themed "Everyone Is Family"

Our local community has a parade in the summer with the theme "Everyone Is Family". Any ideas for a simple float? Thanks so much.

Di from Colorado

Most Recent Answer

By Kim Churchman06/14/2008

Use a flatbed trailer, put a carpet on it, dining room table, and create a scene of a family dinner. Use real people with dinner napkins tucked into their shirts, exaggerated hairdos, anything dramatic. Make a huge pot of big-gauge spaghetti, and show the Mom dishing up a big swinging blob of spaghetti (fake?) If you can use a generator, put it into a cabinet and set a TV on the cabinet with a movie in it of family scenes like 'Lassie'. You could do present-day or '50's. I guess you would not want to do a parody of the family, but instead celebrate genuine family good times.

Question: Parade Float Ideas With Community Theme

Need float ideas! The nursing home where I work is participating in a community parade. The theme is "Doing for the Community". Any ideas?

Katie from Green Valley, AZ

Most Recent Answer

By cristy (Guest Post)09/03/2007

You could do like half of the float " if the community citizens didn't help" make it ugly and have actors being mean ect. Then the other half "if the community's citizens did help" and make it really nice with some actors pretending to help each other with something.

Question: Parade Float Ideas For a Gym

I need some ideas for a Christmas parade float. I work at a gym. Any suggestions?

Katie from McComb, Mississippi

Most Recent Answer

By Tripleb (Guest Post)10/14/2005

Santa jumping rope or pumping iron w/some free weights comes to mind. Put some members in some reindeer - or better yet snowmen (cause they are round and plump) garb and have them exercising or pushing the sleigh........some could still be plump and some could be slim and encouraging on the rotund ones.

Question: Parade Float Ideas For a Credit Union

I work for a credit union and we have been invited to join a local parade. We're all searching for ideas to add to the float. We want the name of our company on the float and we want to involve the crowd. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Kristalove

Most Recent Answer

By (Guest Post)04/09/2005

I have some ideas...email me at mvm9607 @ aol.com (remove spaces) Mark

Question: Dog Parade Float Ideas

I need a float idea for the Big Dog parade in Santa Barbara, CA in June. I am trying to incorporate two themes:

1) "Pets need dental work too" ( I do animal dentistry)

2) Recognizing Pet therapy dogs for our local hospice

-Tina Brandon Walters

Most Recent Answer

By kelly (Guest Post)02/25/2005

A smile can brighten everyones day. Show a dog sharing his great smile with someone else who really needs one.

Question: Valentine's Day Float Ideas

My daughter has a project coming up where she has to build a Valentines Day float. The catch, she needs to use all natural materials...nothing can be man made by a factory. We thought of a cloud 9 theme with people dancing in the clouds, but I am not sure how to make them dance, any ideas...? I need to know something as soon as possible. Homemom

Most Recent Answer

By (Guest Post)12/12/2004

Some questions for you:

-- How big is this float? Is it going to be big enough for real people to ride on?

-- When you say "all natural" materials, do you mean no fabrics, paper, pre-cut lumber, machine-carded cotton, nails, glue, string, etc. etc. etc.? When they say "nothing machine made", how strict are they being?

Solutions: Parade Float Ideas

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!