Pen on a Leather Purse

How can I remove ball point pen ink from a leather purse?

By Linda from Carlisle, PA

Answers:

Pen on a Leather Purse

Hairspray removes ink pretty well. But on a leather purse, I'd be really careful. Try spraying hairspray on a cotton swab, then test it by swabbing it on a tiny, non-visible part of the leather to make sure it doesn't get damaged. Then if the leather doesn't get damaged, test it on a tiny part of the purse where the ink is. The hairspray has to be wet to work, I believe; so you'll have to refresh the cotton swabs as you're doing it. (10/31/2010)

By Joanne

Pen on a Leather Purse

I got ballpoint pen marks off one of my leather purses with Dawn liquid dish detergent. The spot looked dark from the water, but it when it dried in a few minutes the ink was gone. (10/31/2010)

By TXBetty

Leather Purse
Cleaning Oil Stains on a Leather Purse
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Leather Wallet
Re-dyeing Leather
photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
🎄