Pen on a Leather Purse

How do I get pen ink out of a leather purse?

Stephanie from Boonton, NJ

Answers:

Pen on a Leather Purse

I have a cream leather purse I got pen on. I read the blog and used acetone. Do not use this!

I bleached out the leather around the stain so I now have pen stains with white areas surrounding it on my cream leather. (04/25/2008)

By angry

Pen on a Leather Purse

I had ink on my new smooth red leather Liz purse. I used a Q-tip dipped in alcohol. Rubbed area till ink was gone. It worked marvelously! Didn't discolor at all. I put a dab of Vaseline on and rubbed all over and wiped lighly off. Hope this works for you. I thought it was a miracle. (05/07/2008)

By leslie-caron

Pen on a Leather Purse

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser was horrible advice! Do not use! Turned a little pen mark on my Marc Jacobs bag to a pen mark with a dulled leather blotch around it. Do not use! (05/11/2008)

By Michanne

Pen on a Leather Purse

Fab idea! I read your note to use Spray and Wash to get ink out of a coach purse. I tried my Spray and Wash stain stick and it did the trick!! (06/14/2008)

By Sue

Pen on a Leather Purse

I tried a sharpened typing eraser, the white one with the brush on the end. It worked pretty well, but still left a light hint of the stain, so I used a colored pencil the same color as the leather and lightly went over it. It takes a very artistic touch to stay only on the stain area. Afterward, buff it. This worked for my Cole Haan shoe, but they were not shiny leather. Good luck. (08/14/2008)

By Stngray

Pen on a Leather Purse

I'm so upset. I got blue ink stain from a bleeding pen on my white, Chanel purse. I panicked, so I went to the bathroom, took a cotton ball and put some nail polish remover. As soon as I tried to salvage my purse, the ink bled and it spread out a big part of my purse. I don't know what else to do. Help! Don't ever use nail polish remover! (10/09/2008)

By Irene

Pen on a Leather Purse

I use lysol wipes (12/11/2008)

By Danny

Pen on a Leather Purse
Leather Purse
Cleaning Oil Stains on a Leather Purse
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Leather Wallet
Re-dyeing Leather
photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 21, 2016 at 9:21:26 PM on 10.0.1.194 in 912 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.