Pen on a Leather Purse

I lent an expensive, textured, white leather purse to a friend who marked across it with a blue pen. I researched online how to remove pen stains and was dumb enough to use rubbing alcohol without testing it first. So now not only is the pen stain still not removed, but I removed the coloring on a very small portion. How can I remove this stain? And is there anything I can do to cover up my mishap?

By prettyplush

Answers:

Pen on a Leather Purse

I think that if you have a purse that expensive, you need to take it to the dry cleaners. Make sure they specialize in leather, or call the manufacturer, or call one of your local furniture stores, and ask for advice. I personally would not risk a bag that I paid that much for, on an at home repair job. (04/30/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Pen on a Leather Purse

I have a few leather purses (including a Coach purse). I use a Mr. Clean Eraser to take any marks including ink of of them. Works like a charm. (05/06/2009)

By txwendyanne

Pen on a Leather Purse

Try this website they have a product that removes all types of ink from leather as well as stuff to restore leather hope it helps. furnitureclinic.co.uk (05/06/2009)

By tigra

Pen on a Leather Purse

I would try to test this before trying it, but I think it will work. Use a Magic Eraser to remove pen mark, then leather cleaner to help shine it up. Also, try white leather shoe polish on the spot you used the alcohol. Good luck. (I have used Magic Erasers to remove permanent marker from my leather couches.) (05/20/2009)

By Gina