Pen on a Leather Purse

I got ink on my nice leather bag. How do I remove it?

By Carolyn

Answers:

Pen on a Leather Purse

I just read this tip on the 6/15 Newsletter and thought I'd pass it along in case you didn't see it.

A client of mine accidentally made a long ink pen line on the leather in my Cadillac. I tried all of the suggested removal methods and they did not remove the ink. Finally, I decided to call Dr. Vinyl in Naples, FL to have the area redyed. The owner, Mark, first suggested applying plain chap-stick on the ink line and letting it sit for several days. It will gradually remove the ink. Remove the chap-stick. If there is still evidence of the ink, reapply the chap-stick and let it sit until the ink disappears. It worked! Remove the chap-stick with leather cleaner and apply a leather conditioner. I hope that it works for you!

By Olendon from Naples, FL (06/21/2010)

By Scooterrhea

Leather Purse
Cleaning Oil Stains on a Leather Purse
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Leather Wallet
Re-dyeing Leather
photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
🎄