Perm Left Hair Frizzy and Brittle

I got a perm in my cosmetology class and instead of actually curling it just frizzed up and broke off. It's been a couple weeks since I got the perm and I've been doing deep conditioning treatments at least once a week. How can I fix this?

I would speak to the head of the school. There is something called a reverse perm. Hopefully that will help your hair recover.

Sadly some of the damage can't be reversed, such as the breakage. You will need to probably trim it and keep conditioning. You can try and reverse it, but often that also can damage your hair, as it also uses chemicals. Avoid other chemical usage, such as coloring it, until it is in better shape, or grows out somewhat.

To my knowledge there is no product or treatment that will reverse the damage done by over processed hair. The hair has been chemically burned. That cannot be reversed. If you should find such a product, please let me know as I would like to invest in the company. It can be made to look a bit healthy with the use of a good conditioner such as Hask's Placenta.

How can you fix this? As I told NatalieVazquez some time back:

1. Have it cut it very short.

2. Cry a while.

3. Get over it.

4. Go buy 3 or 4 pairs of those huge hoops or dangley earrings.

5. Wear your makeup a little more daring.

6. Smile a lot when everybody tells you how much they like the 'new you'!

I'm not sure anyone can top likefinds answer but I had a friend that had this happen (long ago) and she took medium size sections of her hair and made them into "small" pony tails. It did not look great but she made it through until her hair grew back.

I do agree that conditioning might help - your feelings anyway - but probably not the burnt hair.

I wonder if you have such sensitive hair that you should simply never get something like a perm, or if the perm stylist was just too much of a newbie?

In any event, I don't believe much can be done.

I will say that there are 2 natural things that can really help:

1) my hair is very thin and sometimes gets matted, and then very damaged when I brush it out.

One thing that magically heals my hair is to take 4 of 6 egg yolks (depending on the length), warm it up gradually to avoid turning it into scrambled eggs, apply it to your hair, wrap it in a warm towel, and leave it on for an hour. It is literally magical how it makes my hair soft and combable again

2) a naturopath I know swears by this for stimulating new hair growth:

take 8 oz castor oil

2 tablespoons cayenne pepper (in powder form)

leave it sitting for a week

apply it, very carefully so as not to damage your eyes, apply it and leave it on for an hour, then wash and style

this link has another variant http://www.styl  air-growth/#gref

And your cosmetology instructor didn't have any suggestions?