Permanent Marker On Computer Monitor Screen

I have permanent black marker on computer monitor screen. What is the best thing to use to clean it off?

Susan from Buffalo, NY

Answers:

Rubbing alcohol that comes in those single paks kinda like a handy wipe. I work in a grocery store that has the new computer screens and that is all we are allowed to use. Cleans up beautifully. (10/06/2006)

By Laurie

Alcohol should work as long as your screen is glass rather than plastic (I believe many of the newer flat screens are plastic which makes them lighter weight.) (10/16/2006)

By Claudia from MD

My sister drew all over my dad's laptop screen and I used dry erase marker over it then a very damp paper towel and that did the trick.
(11/06/2006)

By Kay

Black and Gold Hairspray and paper wipe is all it took, spray onto the paper then wipe, then wipe with a clean one. (10/18/2007)

By Keith H.

While my mom wasn't home I got permanent marker on her laptop. I put my finger in my mouth and used my fingernail to scratch it off. It dosen't hurt the computer. Trust me.
(02/26/2008)

By Alex

I tried the alcohol and it took some of the marker off, but I followed up with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it took all of it off. Thanks for the great advice. (04/25/2008)

By Cathy, Philadelphia

Yikes! We freaked out when our almost 2 year old wrote black marker all over the computer screen, the keys and the desk. We didn't have rubbing alcohol, but I can safely say that my husband's not so expensive cologne worked very well. However, now the bedroom and not to mention the computer smells really good. (07/09/2009)

By morbetomommy

A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
Computer Monitor
Adjusting the Resolution on a Computer Monitor
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎉
🎄