Permanently Mark OTC Dosage on Bottle

Instead of trying to read the small print on some OTC (Over-The-Counter) adult medications, I will write clearly with a red fine tip permanent marker, the dosage and how often to take, directly on the bottle.

For example, on a bottle of cold medicine, if it says to take one capsule every 6 hours. I write "1" and circle it. Next to this I write "6 HRS". This makes it easier for us. There are times when you are not feeling well and reading some of the small print seems like a chore.

Be sure you double check to ensure the information you write is correct. I wouldn't advise this for a young child's medication since the dosage may change according to the child's age/weight.

By mkymlp from NE PA

Answers:

Permanently Mark OTC Dosage on Bottle

Great idea! For the visually impaired, I'd recommend getting someone with better eyesight to read the directions originally.

I have a unique tool, called a Voxcom. The reusable digital cards that came with it each have 10 seconds of recording time. I can record the med, dosage, and number of refills, and attach the card to the bottle with a rubber band threaded through the card's "keyhole."

If a variation of either of these suggestions works for someone, great! (08/14/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Mark Dosage on Bottle
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
🎄