Planning a BBQ for 100 People

I am planning a surprise 75th birthday party for my husband. There will be approx 100 people (all seniors) for a BBQ at our clubhouse. It will include a BYOB. We want to grill hamburgers, brats and dogs. We'll serve potato salad, slaw and BBQ Beans and watermelon. I need help in how much to purchase. We want to keep it simple, due to social security income. Thanks!

Mary from Tampa Bay, FL

Answers:

Planning a BBQ for 100 People

When we are planning cookouts and such I always plan on about a .25lb of sides per person. That will give you plenty for heavy eaters. So in that case for like potato salad etc you would lean towards about 25lbs. If there are going to be allot of women children and older people you might want to drop to 18-20lbs. Hope I helped (01/29/2008)

By sarah.

Planning a BBQ for 100 People

Wow, Congrats to the "BIRTHDAY BOY" on his 75th...click on this website ,
http://recipegoldmine.com/kitchart/kitchart14.html
It will give you the amounts to feed a large party, but take into consideration they will be eating a little of everything on the menu. Best of luck with your event! (01/29/2008)

By JoAnnDeMom

Planning a BBQ for 100 People

Here is a link that you may find helpful:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf73866617.tip.html

Good luck, it sounds like a fun party! (01/30/2008)

By Laurel_admin

Planning a BBQ for 100 People

For the meat, you don't want to have too little (or too much). In my experience, about half the people will eat two meats, 45% one meat, 5% three meats. That's 160 meats. Hot dogs will probably be the least popular choice, but they are cheapest. You can probably get 5 hamburgers out of a pound, so go for 18 lbs. That gives 90 burgers.

Buy about 50 brats and maybe 5 bags of hot dogs. You can buy more dogs or have some on hand that are frozen to quickly pull out for extras. Good news is that the cooked meats can freeze well if you buy too much.

Another method is to figure about 1/2 lb per person and another 1/4 lb for half the people--so 1/2 lb per person is 50 lbs, and the 1/4 lb for half the people is 12.5 lbs, for 62.5 lbs total.

Have fun! (01/31/2008)

By Sandy from WI

Planning a BBQ for 100 People

I see that you are having a BYOB party, But thought this might be helpful to someone out there. Don't forget to look at the right side of this page to see RELATED Links.

Punch for 100

This recipe for Wedding Punch that serves 100 people.

Ingredients

• 6 packages Raspberry koolade
  • 2 dozen Lemons
  • 3 Large cans Pineapple Juice
  • 4 large bottles of Gingerale
  • 2 bottles of Grenadine
  • 6 cups of sugar
  • 6 qts. water
  • Directions
    Mix all ingredients

In an angel food cake pan (or Jello mold) pour in some of the punch and freeze (to float in large punch bowl.) Add some lemon and orange slices and some fresh whole strawberries. And/Or add scoops of rainbow sherbet to float.

Jessie Cates Meat Loaf

• 20 pounds ground extra lean meat
  • 10 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 oz. ketchup
  • 12 oz. I.Q.F. onions
  • 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons salt
  • 2 Tablespoons black pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon nutmeg
  • 2 oz. mustard
  • 2 cups bread crumbs
  • By adding a green bell pepper or two chopped fine
    and a grated carrot you could stretch the amount of
    patties you'd get.

There is no baking instructions. I think I remember them served in
    oblong individual loaf pan sizes though. How about making this up as patties and freezing them?

Best wishes for a successful 75th party. Have a ball. GG Vi (02/04/2008)

By Great Granny Vi

Planning a BBQ for 100 People
    Homemade Barbecue Sauce
    Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipes
    BBQ Chicken Pizza
    BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipes
    Poplar Tree Cutting
    Starting Poplar Tree Cuttings
    Serving bbq ribs to a large group.
    Making BBQ for a Large Group
    🎉
    🎄
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 5:57:24 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 943 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.