Cooking Cobbler for 100 People

Category Cobblers
Cobbler is a no fuss dessert. Making enough for a crowd simply requires recalculating the ingredients and making sure you have enough baking pans. This is a guide about cooking cobbler for 100 people.

How many cobblers should I make for a group of 100 people?

Answers

Best Answer

If using 9"x13" pans, you would need to make 7 panfuls if topping them with a scoop of ice cream, or one or two more panfuls if not. I have done catering for groups this size and know you would not have problems if following this advice.

I need a recipe for peach cobbler that will feed 100 and the amounts of ingredients to buy. It is for a fresh peach festival.
Thanx.

Answers

The USDA has all the amounts for 50 or 100 people here. whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/.../peach-cobbler-0

This is one of my favorite recipes:

www.slate.com/.../cobbler_definition_it_is_not_the_same_thing_as_a_crisp_buckle_grunt_slump...

You would need to make 9 pans to serve 100.

I know lots of people have good luck making these in big pans, but I don't...they run over and burn.

It is more work, but you get a better product (in my world) if you do it in smaller quantities.

Good luck and be sure to have lots of vanilla ice cream or real whip cream to go along with it. YUMMY!!!

This sounds delicious! Fresh peaches should make great cobblers.

wow, I want to go to that event

here's a good peach cobbler recipe tastesbetterfromscratch.com/.../
all it requires is peach, sugar, salt, butter, flour, baking soda, milk, and cinnamon

here's an online calculator on how to blow it up for 100 people www.webstaurantstore.com/recipe_resizer.html