Make a fashion statement with some pop tabs and ribbon!
1. Take one pop tab and place it on a piece of ribbon that is big enough to surround your wrist.
2. Tie it in a knot at the end, leaving at least 2 inches of ribbon loose.
3. Place another pop tab under the first with the "bottoms" which is the side that would be down on your can of pop) facing each other.
4. Slide the 2nd pop tab slightly to the right. You should see an opening in the two pop tabs that is oval in shape. Feed the ribbon up through that hole.
5. Place another pop tab next to the first pop tab. You should see another oval of space when you look at the 2nd and 3rd pop tabs. Feed the ribbon down through that hole.
6. Keep repeating the "add pop tab, feed ribbon" until you have a long enough string of tabs to encircle your wrist.
7. Tie the loose end of the ribbon in a knot around the last pop tab.
8. Tie the extra ribbon at the ends into a knot so that the bracelet fits your wrist, but can easily be slid on and off.
You can add to this bracelet by stopping pop tabs occasionally and adding a charm or beads to the ribbon. You can also keep the excess ribbon on the ends of the bracelets and add beads for decoration.
This craft is rather difficult and time consuming. It would work wonderfully as a project for a crafter's workshop. Nice project when you are working with teens.
I love it, so cute! (09/08/2008)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!