Potato Chip Dip Recipes

There doesn't have to be a party to enjoy dips for your potato chips. This page contains potato chip dip recipes.

January 27, 2010 Flag

I am not a fan of sweet pickles but I am sure, minus the minced onions, this recipe would work well using sweet pickles too! I like to dip jicama or plain ruffled potato chips in this dip ;-)

Directions:

Blend the cream cheese and pickle juice until smooth. Add the pickles, onion and mix well.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My mother-in-law used to make a variation of this dip. She used the cream cheese base and used sweet pickle relish and a little garlic salt. She served this with thin pretzel sticks. It is very good.

March 23, 2009 Flag

Ingredients

• 1/2 pt. sour cream
  • 3 Tbsp. onion
  • 2 tsp. beau monde seasoning
  • 2 tsp. dill weed
  • 2 Tbsp. parsley
  • 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise

Directions

Mix and put in refrigerator. Keeps very well.

By Robin from Washington, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

From livingonadime.com

Ranch Dressing/Dip

1 cup mayonnaise (low-fat may be used)

1 cup buttermilk

2 Tbsp. green onions, minced (tops only or chives)

1/4 tsp. onion powder or 1 Tbsp. fresh onions, minced

2 tsp. parsley, minced

1/2 tsp. oregano

1/4 tsp. garlic powder or 1/2 to 1 garlic clove, finely minced

1/4 tsp. paprika

1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. black pepper

Combine ingredients in a container with a lid and refrigerate before serving. Makes 2 cups.

For Ranch Dip, use sour cream or yogurt in place of buttermilk.

My favorite is only two ingredients, ranch dressing and sour cream. I put it two parts sour cream to one part ranch dressing.

Read More Comments...

February 21, 2011 Flag

Mix together. Very good!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 21, 2009 Flag

I tweaked a family favorite for potato chip dip, making it a little less fatty. Using it as a baked potato topping is an extra added bonus! :-)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 16, 2008 Flag

This dip not only looks good, it tastes good too.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 21, 2011 Flag

Don't limit yourself to just chips because jicima and celery taste good with this dip too ;-)

• 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
  • 2 Tbsp. sour cream
  • 1 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 Tbsp. green onions, finely chopped

Directions:

Combine cream cheese, sour cream, milk, Worcestershire sauce, and onions in a small mixing bowl.

Cover and let stand for about 15 minutes to allow the flavor of the onions to blend a bit and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Answers:

Onion Chip Dip

A great dip, so much economical and better than buying the premixed onion soup dip mix. Plus, we have a great abundance of green onions. (06/13/2010)

By morbetomommy

Onion Chip Dip

What can be used instead of Worcestershire sauce? (I'm vegetarian and Worcestershire is not; it's made with anchovies.) Thanks for any suggestions. (06/17/2010)

By Maryeileen

Onion Chip Dip

Maryeileen, I honestly don't know what to tell you off hand without experimenting but you could go to or call a couple of health food stores and see if they carry the vegetarian version(s) because I know they do exist.
Hope you try the dip.

Deeli :-) (06/18/2010)

By Deeli

Onion Chip Dip

Hi Deeli,

I'll have to ck with my local health food store for veg. Worcestershire. In the meantime, I used a splash of soy sauce. I didn't have any green onions, so I used a combination of Vidalia and chives. It turned out pretty good, even though I changed a couple of ingredients! (06/28/2010)

By Maryeileen

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 23, 2009 Flag

I am looking for a recipe for potato chip dip.

Patty from Canandaigua, NY

Answers:

Potato Chip Dip Recipes

Wavy potato chips work best. I take a can of pork and beans, the bigger one for a large amount of dip, and make some old fashioned stove top baked beans.

In med. sauce pan put in pork-n-beans, 1/4C ketchup, 1 small onion diced, 1/2C brown sugar. Cook on med. heat till starting to boil. (My Aunt used to brown the onion in some bacon grease first to soften them, but for dip I like the crunch and potency of My stove top bean recipe.)

You can also add some browned hamburger, or some bacon bits, ( the real kind!) OR Add some salsa, chilli powder,and shredded cheddar to some sour cheam for Fiesta Potato Dip.

(These are also an awesome idea for hollowed out baked potatoes too!) (12/11/2008)

By Dedeswrkshop

Potato Chip Dip Recipes

Here is a quick and easy chip dip recipe that has always gone over with rave reviews from everyone that I have made it for.

• 1 - 8oz. package cream cheese room temp. (can use the low fat version)
  • 1 - 16 oz. container sour cream (can use low fat or non fat version)

Beat these together till smooth then add what ever flavoring you want.

• fresh grated onion or garlic
  • fried onions
  • roasted garlic
  • finely chopped dill pickles
  • t
he possibilities are endless

Pam O. Blaine Mn (12/12/2008)

By pjo659

Potato Chip Dip Recipes

I love flavored chips the most (especially jalapeno, wasabi or cheddar cheese and just dip in sour cream but for plain chips I use:

• Lipton powdered onion soup mixed to taste with sour cream.
  • Velveeta Mexican cheese melted in the microwave and mixed with salsa to taste.

• 2 parts braunschweiger mixed with 1 part cream cheese.
  • Hidden Valley powdered Ranch 'Dip' mixed with softened cream cheese and/or sour cream to taste.

As mentioned in an earlier post, the sturdier the chip the better ;-)

(12/12/2008)

By Deeli

Potato Chip Dip Recipes

My favorite is the onion soup-sour cream, but if you have a Harry and Davids near you, mix a jar of their pepper and onion relish with 2-8 oz. cream cheese (thin with a little milk if needed) and that is really good. Another dip is to heat a can of chili without beans and add a medium package of Velveeta mild Mexican cheese and heat til melted. All of these go together quick. (12/12/2008)

By ginger

Potato Chip Dip Recipes

My favorite and easiest chip dip is one package of cream cheese (low fat version will work just as good and you can use less if needed.) and mix in a little at a time of some garlic salt. It is the easiest thing to make. It is also how I use up the rest of the cream cheese when we have eaten all the bagels. Everyone always comments on how good it is but can't quite place what's in it. The Velveeta and salsa is always good too, like someone previously mentioned. (12/15/2008)

By dhull83

Potato Chip Dip Recipes

You can't go wrong with 1 16 oz of sour cream and a package of Liptons onion soup mix (dry). Mix together and it is a HIT! (12/15/2008)

By Julie C.

Potato Chip Dip Recipes

I like sour cream and salsa as a dip. 8oz of sour cream (the cheaper the better) and add salsa a little at a time til you have the consistency and flavor that suits you. Very easy and very good. (12/18/2008)

By Nee nee

Potato Chip Dip Recipes

From livingonadime.com

Ranch Dressing/Dip

• 1 cup mayonnaise (low-fat may be used)
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 Tbsp. green onions, minced (tops only or chives)
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder or 1 Tbsp. fresh onions, minced
  • 2 tsp. parsley, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder or 1/2 to 1 garlic clove, finely minced
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper

For Ranch Dip, use sour cream or yogurt in place of buttermilk. (12/19/2008)

By Maryeileen

Potato Chip Dip Recipes

My favorite is only two ingredients, ranch dressing and sour cream. I put it two parts sour cream to one part ranch dressing. (12/20/2008)

By micksgirl

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsSeptember 1, 2012
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
A bowl of potato chips.
Recipes Using Potato Chips
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Cookies on white.
Potato Chip Cookies
🎉
🎄