Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Potato Chip Dip Recipes

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Potato Chips With Ranch Dressing Dip

There doesn't have to be a party to enjoy dips for your potato chips. This page contains potato chip dip recipes.

Solutions: Potato Chip Dip Recipes

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Recipe: Pickle Dip

I am not a fan of sweet pickles but I am sure, minus the minced onions, this recipe would work well using sweet pickles too! I like to dip jicama or plain ruffled potato chips in this dip ;-)

• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 2 Tbsp. dill pickle juice
  • 1/2 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp dried minced onions

Directions:

Blend the cream cheese and pickle juice until smooth. Add the pickles, onion and mix well.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Recipe: Veggie Dip

I found this recipe in a most unusual place - on the back of a packet of seeds! I bought a package of Trionfo Violetto beans, an Italian bean that is a lovely, deep violet color. When cooked, they don't retain that color, but they are delicious.

I don't normally submit a recipe that isn't my own unless the cook book is very old or rare, or the source is so unusual most people won't have access to it. This recipe is just delicious for dipping veggies. If you have never made homemade mayonnaise, it is worth the trouble. It is lighter and more flavorful than store bought, with a silky texture. But your favorite store bought will do just fine.

• 1/2 lb. violet or green beans, stem end snapped off (or other veggies)

Dip:

• 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
  • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • juice of one lemon
  • 1 roasted red pepper, finely chopped (if you want a little crunch, don't roast)
  • pinch of cayenne pepper

Directions:

Cook the beans in boiling water for 3 minutes, rinse in cold water, and set aside.

Mix all dip ingredients well. Chill for a few hours. Serve with the green beans, or with a variety of pared veggies.

By Copasetic1 from North Royalton, OH

Recipe: Chip Or Veggie Dip

• 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 Tbsp. dill weed
  • 1 tsp. celery salt
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp. onion flakes

Directions:

Mix together. Very good!

By Robin from Washington, IA

Recipe: Low Fat Potato Chip Dip

I tweaked a family favorite for potato chip dip, making it a little less fatty. Using it as a baked potato topping is an extra added bonus! :-)

• 1 8 oz. package Neufchatel cheese (find it with the cream cheese)
  • 1 8 oz. container sour cream
  • 3-4 Tbsp. dried chives

Directions

Beat first two ingredients until smooth. Fold in chives. Refrigerate 1 hour. (Overnight for best possible flavor).

By Gapotter from Raleigh, NC

Recipe: Potato Chip Dip

Ingredients

• 1/2 pt. sour cream
  • 3 Tbsp. onion
  • 2 tsp. beau monde seasoning
  • 2 tsp. dill weed
  • 2 Tbsp. parsley
  • 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise

Directions

Mix and put in refrigerator. Keeps very well.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Recipe: Holiday Chip Dip

This dip not only looks good, it tastes good too.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 hard-boiled egg, shell removed
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped onion
  • parsley (dried or fresh), chopped

Directions

Cream the mayonnaise and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.

Carefully remove the egg white and save the yolk. Chop the egg white and stir into creamed mixture. Stir in the chopped onion.

Chill 1 - 2 hours or overnight.

When you are ready to serve the dip, sprinkle parsley over the top and then crumble the egg yolk and sprinkle it over the top of that.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Potato Chip Dip Recipes

I am looking for a recipe for potato chip dip.

Patty from Canandaigua, NY

RE: Potato Chip Dip Recipes

Wavy potato chips work best. I take a can of pork and beans, the bigger one for a large amount of dip, and make some old fashioned stove top baked beans.

In med. sauce pan put in pork-n-beans, 1/4C ketchup, 1 small onion diced, 1/2C brown sugar. Cook on med. heat till starting to boil. (My Aunt used to brown the onion in some bacon grease first to soften them, but for dip I like the crunch and potency of My stove top bean recipe.)

You can also add some browned hamburger, or some bacon bits, ( the real kind!) OR Add some salsa, chilli powder,and shredded cheddar to some sour cheam for Fiesta Potato Dip.

(These are also an awesome idea for hollowed out baked potatoes too!) (12/11/2008)

By Dedeswrkshop

RE: Potato Chip Dip Recipes

Here is a quick and easy chip dip recipe that has always gone over with rave reviews from everyone that I have made it for.
  • 1 - 8oz. package cream cheese room temp. (can use the low fat version)
  • 1 - 16 oz. container sour cream (can use low fat or non fat version)
Beat these together till smooth then add what ever flavoring you want.
  • fresh grated onion or garlic
  • fried onions
  • roasted garlic
  • finely chopped dill pickles
  • t
he possibilities are endless Pam O. Blaine Mn (12/12/2008)

By pjo659

RE: Potato Chip Dip Recipes

I love flavored chips the most (especially jalapeno, wasabi or cheddar cheese and just dip in sour cream but for plain chips I use:
  • Lipton powdered onion soup mixed to taste with sour cream.
  • Velveeta Mexican cheese melted in the microwave and mixed with salsa to taste.
  • 2 parts braunschweiger mixed with 1 part cream cheese.
  • Hidden Valley powdered Ranch 'Dip' mixed with softened cream cheese and/or sour cream to taste.
As mentioned in an earlier post, the sturdier the chip the better ;-) (12/12/2008)

By Deeli

RE: Potato Chip Dip Recipes

My favorite is the onion soup-sour cream, but if you have a Harry and Davids near you, mix a jar of their pepper and onion relish with 2-8 oz. cream cheese (thin with a little milk if needed) and that is really good. Another dip is to heat a can of chili without beans and add a medium package of Velveeta mild Mexican cheese and heat til melted. All of these go together quick. (12/12/2008)

By ginger

RE: Potato Chip Dip Recipes

My favorite and easiest chip dip is one package of cream cheese (low fat version will work just as good and you can use less if needed.) and mix in a little at a time of some garlic salt. It is the easiest thing to make. It is also how I use up the rest of the cream cheese when we have eaten all the bagels. Everyone always comments on how good it is but can't quite place what's in it. The Velveeta and salsa is always good too, like someone previously mentioned. (12/15/2008)

By dhull83

RE: Potato Chip Dip Recipes

You can't go wrong with 1 16 oz of sour cream and a package of Liptons onion soup mix (dry). Mix together and it is a HIT! (12/15/2008)

By Julie C.

RE: Potato Chip Dip Recipes

I like sour cream and salsa as a dip. 8oz of sour cream (the cheaper the better) and add salsa a little at a time til you have the consistency and flavor that suits you. Very easy and very good. (12/18/2008)

By Nee nee

RE: Potato Chip Dip Recipes

From livingonadime.com

Ranch Dressing/Dip

• 1 cup mayonnaise (low-fat may be used)
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 Tbsp. green onions, minced (tops only or chives)
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder or 1 Tbsp. fresh onions, minced
  • 2 tsp. parsley, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder or 1/2 to 1 garlic clove, finely minced
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Combine ingredients in a container with a lid and refrigerate before serving. Makes 2 cups.

For Ranch Dip, use sour cream or yogurt in place of buttermilk. (12/19/2008)

By Maryeileen

RE: Potato Chip Dip Recipes

My favorite is only two ingredients, ranch dressing and sour cream. I put it two parts sour cream to one part ranch dressing. (12/20/2008)

By micksgirl

Archive: Onion Chip Dip

Don't limit yourself to just chips because jicima and celery taste good with this dip too ;-)

• 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
  • 2 Tbsp. sour cream
  • 1 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 Tbsp. green onions, finely chopped

Directions:

Combine cream cheese, sour cream, milk, Worcestershire sauce, and onions in a small mixing bowl.

Cover and let stand for about 15 minutes to allow the flavor of the onions to blend a bit and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

RE: Onion Chip Dip

A great dip, so much economical and better than buying the premixed onion soup dip mix. Plus, we have a great abundance of green onions. (06/13/2010)

By morbetomommy

RE: Onion Chip Dip

What can be used instead of Worcestershire sauce? (I'm vegetarian and Worcestershire is not; it's made with anchovies.) Thanks for any suggestions. (06/17/2010)

By Maryeileen

RE: Onion Chip Dip

Maryeileen, I honestly don't know what to tell you off hand without experimenting but you could go to or call a couple of health food stores and see if they carry the vegetarian version(s) because I know they do exist. Hope you try the dip. Deeli :-) (06/18/2010)

By Deeli

RE: Onion Chip Dip

Hi Deeli, I'll have to ck with my local health food store for veg. Worcestershire. In the meantime, I used a splash of soy sauce. I didn't have any green onions, so I used a combination of Vidalia and chives. It turned out pretty good, even though I changed a couple of ingredients! (06/28/2010)

By Maryeileen