Preventing Growth In Driveway Cracks

With the weather warming up in my area I am looking for something to use on my driveway cracks where the weeds come up. Last year I used Triox, but it smelled horrible for days and I was wondering if there is anything organic that I could use to prevent anything from growing in the cracks all summer?

Donna, MI

Answers:

Preventing Growth In Driveway Cracks

Use boilingwater, or a salt or vinegar solution. (04/07/2005)

By lindal

Preventing Growth In Driveway Cracks

Plain old vinegar poured on the cracks will work. Your yard will smell like a German salad for a day, but that will fade away. :-)

It does wear off, but we've only had to treat our sidewalk twice each summer. (04/08/2005)

Preventing Growth In Driveway Cracks

I use white vinegar, just pour it from the bottle onto weeds, it's cheaper then weed killer and also does not hurt pets. (04/08/2005)

By Annette

Preventing Growth In Driveway Cracks
A petunia growing in a crack in pavement.
Growing Plants in Pavement Cracks
Growth Chart
Making a Growth Chart for Your Kids
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks
Solutions for Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 10:15:28 PM on 10.0.2.64 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.