Product Review: Bosch Front Loading Washer

A few months ago I posted wanting advice on what type of front loader washer to buy. Well, we ended up getting a Bosch. I LOVE IT. The savings are more than I originally thought. The most water it uses per load is 12 gallons, if I do an extra rinse. Most loads are 8 gallons. With my old washer it was 44-66 gallons.

I see the savings in a much lower water bill as it not only uses less water, but has a bigger capacity than my old washer, so it does 75% more laundry per load. It also spins clothes out much dryer, so that it doesn't take them nearly as long to dry. It also only takes 2 tablespoons of detergent.

I recommend it to anyone!

By April from NW Missouri

Answers:

I love my Bosch washer! My Bosch dryer is the best, too, the wrinkle guard feature is the absent-minded laundress's best friend. ;) (06/11/2008)

By chretienne

I have the LG's and they also are terrific. I saved a bundle on the water bill!! The electric I didn't see much of a difference as it takes about 55 minutes per load, but like you said, you can do 75% more at one time. I see a big difference in the laundry detergent also. I always use less than they recommend and the clothes come out great. (06/11/2008)

My Front Loader Washer Repair Man said Front Loaders only need 1 Tbsp. per Load to wash effectively. He also highly recommended that you always use HE (high-efficiency) Laundry Detergents that are low-sudsing. I get my HE Detergents at Sam's Club. I've had my Front Loader Washer for years and wouldn't have anything else. (06/11/2008)

By Ace

I have a Maytag front loader. Daughter has Bosch front loader. She read you should leave door cracked opened for several hours after you use washer. My repair man said use HE detergent only. He also recommended using ";Washer Magic" to clean the machine. I got Washer Magic on line. (06/12/2008)

By K Z

I have owned a Frigidaire and currently a GE front loader and loved then both. My best advice is to be sure to buy and keep up the warranty on them. I have had to have repairs and everyone that has come to the house has told me to keep paying for the warranty. I have had one machine replaced thru the warranty. Front loaders just have a few issues that the others don't. (06/13/2008)

By hairyjoe

I have a Maytag front loader and I am NOT happy with it. It doesn't clean as well as my old water hungry machine. I can't add anything after the cycle has begun and I can't let things sit and soak overnight. There's no pause button, so things can soak for a short while, but that's all. The savings are good though, but my clothes just aren't as clean. (06/20/2008)

By mulberry204

I sure agree with you! Awhile back we got the Whirlpool steam duet! It is great! I use WAY less detergent and bleach. Less water. Clothes are very clean. Way larger loads! Our water bill has dropped! I really like it! I would not want to go back to a top loader EVER! (07/01/2008)

By BeckyInGA

Front Loading Washer
Buying a Front Loading Washer With Reversible Door
Front Loading Washer
Dyeing Clothing in a Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
🎉
🎄