Psoriasis on the Scalp

How do you get rid of psoriasis on the scalp?

M Achter from Utah

Answers:

Psoriasis on the Scalp

Have you tried a vinegar rinse? I know it sounds crazy, but my hairdresser had me try it as a conditioner. It really works! I just use conditioner afterward to cover the smell. :) (09/15/2006)

By Sara

Psoriasis on the Scalp

Psoriasis needs special nourishment. You can take cod liver oil for vitamins A & D, you can apply it topically too. Also, you can get lemon flavored oil at the health food store, it's not too bad taken with food. Applying raw honey and letting it soak in helps for the times you can stay home for a few hours with the treatment. Get as much sunshine on the area as you can. Ask at your local health food store or practitioner. There are a lot of things you can do .
(09/15/2006)

By carla

Psoriasis on the Scalp

I use Tree Tea Oil, which you can find in the ethnic hair care section of many chain pharmacy stores or in salon product stores. I put it in a bottle from hair coloring because the small tip opening makes it easy to apply to the scalp. (09/15/2006)

By Lynn

Psoriasis on the Scalp

My understanding about psoriasis is that once you get it you'll always have it. It is a form of arthritis called psoriatic arthritis. Be sure to see a dermatologist and follow the doctor's recommendations. I have seborrhea, but the doctor always puts psoriasis with a question mark when he writes that in his notes. I use Nizoral shampoo every day. You must not miss one day in washing your hair. Do not color your hair or use products that cause your scalp to break out.
Best of luck. (09/16/2006)

By Carol in PA

Psoriasis on the Scalp

Scalpicin is a truly great product made for scalp problems such as yours. There are 2 kinds; one made with salicylic acid, the other made with a type of cortisone. You just need to see which form works for you. I like the one with salicylic acid. I use it to get rid of dandruff and believe me, it works wonders when nothing else will. Here is a url with all kinds of questions and answers about it, how it works and any scalp question you may want answered:

http://www.scalpicin.com/

Stinging Nettles - Make up a strong tea of dried Stinging Nettles (below is url with more info). Wash & condition hair as usual then after final rinse pour on the tea, rub it around scalp & leave it on (the nettles do not sting after they are dried). You may be surprised to learn just how well this herbal remedy works. It's amazing! And no nasty smell like tea tree oil.

http://www.allnatural.net/herbpages/stinging-nettle.shtml

Lecithin is a supplement (see url below for more info) that worked wonders for my ex-husband's Psoriasis. Every time he had an outbreak, he'd take the Soy Lecithin until the Psoriasis went away & then he kept taking it for another 2 weeks or so after it was gone. He said it was the only thing that worked for him.

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psychology/health_psychology/LECITHIN_SUPPLEMENT.htm

(09/16/2006)

By Cyinda

Psoriasis on the Scalp

Dollar General has the Neutrogena equivalent shampoo for cheap and it's the same formula, specifically for Psoriasis, I believe. It works. Be careful not to get any in the eyes. Prior to shampooing, with stiff brush, brush scalp in
all directions while hanging head down and doing it outside to drop flakes there, not inside. Don't scratch scalp too hard. I suggest taking these for hair and scalp: Acidophilus 1 xday, Vitamin E 1 xday, Multi-Vitamin 1 xday, B complex 1 xday. (09/23/2006)

By Lynda

Psoriasis on the Scalp
Woman scratching her dry scalp.
Homemade Dry Scalp Treatments
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
itchy scalp
Remedies for Psoriasis
A man applying coal tar shampoo.
Using Coal Tar Shampoo
🎄
🍂