Pumpkin Dump Cake

Pumpkin Dump Cake

Ingredients

• 1 (29 oz.) can pumpkin
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
  • Ad
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. cloves
  • 1 package yellow cake mix or spice cake mix
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. In a bowl, mix everything except the last 3 ingredients.Pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over top of pumpkin, then sprinkle nuts over mix. Drizzle butter all over the nut and mixture. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. The edges will be light brown.

Good served warm or cold with Cool Whip or Whipped Cream.

By Connie from Cotter, AR

Answers:

Pumpkin Dump Cake

Here are some dump cake recipes.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf586970.tip.html (02/12/2007)

By lewis_admin

Pumpkin Dump Cake

I don't make the pumpkin dump cakes, but I do make other fruit dump cakes. This is how I make them (and they go fast in our home)

1 lg can fruit, undrained, or fruit pie filling (i have used cherry pie filling, pineapple, and peach, a fave)
1 box dry yellow or white cake mix (yellow is better, but have used both)
1 stick butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Dump fruit with juice or pie filling into lightly greased baking pan. I prefer to use a 9x9 inch pan for thicker cake, you can also use a 9x13 inch pan. Put cake mix evenly over top of fruit. Cut butter into several "pats" and lay on top of cake. Bake for 50-60 minutess. (02/16/2007)

By jmz2005

Pumpkin Dump Cake

Thanks everybody for your wonderful response to my request for Dump Cake and Pumpkin Dump Cake. I am putting together a recipe book for my granddaughter who does not cook well! She will thank you too.
Joanie in Havasu (02/16/2007)

By grams72

Pumpkin Dump Cake

For a healthier version you can omit the stick of butter in the "traditional" dump cake. I use a can of sliced peaches and a can of tidbit pineapple. Drain the juice into your reserve bowl, dump peaches into 13 x 9 baking dish (I like to chop mine up a bit at this point), dump pineapple bits, then dump yellow cake mix. Pour reserved juice on top and bake. It does have a more cake-like quality as opposed to the crispy top the butter tends to give, but it does cut the fat/calories.

Blessing & Warm Fuzzies! (02/17/2007)

By jc42

Pumpkin Dump Cake

This sounds like a good variation from the usual dump cake and the pumpkin should be on clearance next after Thanksgiving! :) (11/15/2007)

By Jawga

Pumpkin Dump Cake

This is my favorite recipe i have it as Pumpkin Crunch. I just made it the other day and its my husbands favorite.
he requested it instead of pumpkin pie. Love the topping. (11/16/2007)

By Tina

Pumpkin Dump Cake

I made this for a party Saturday. It received rave reviews and was thoroughly demolished! I do have one problem, though: It was more of a "dessert" than cake (no one seemed to mind!). It was not cut-able as cake; rather, it was softer. The only change I made from the recipe was to use fat-free evaporated milk. I have had this problem in the past with other dump cakes and am getting discouraged from making them. I even cooked this one longer than recommended, but it still was slightly mushy. Could the milk be the problem? Anyone with ideas? Cay from FL (04/07/2008)

By Exasperated

Pumpkin Dump Cake

These sound like some yummy cakes, BUT I hate the name. So I will just call it Yummy Pumpkin Cakes! (I know I have "issues") LOL (10/28/2008)

By meoowmom

Dump Cake
Dump Cake Recipes
Dump Truck and Mountain Cake
Making a Dump Truck and Mountain Cake
Pumpkin Custard
Pumpkin Custard Recipes
Pumpkin Dump Cake
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipes
Freezing Pumplin Pies
Freezing Pumpkin Pies
🎄
🍂