Puppy Poops in Crate

I need some serious help, I have an English Bulldog who's about 7 months old now. He wanders around in the back yard all day and I bring him in to sleep in his crate at night, but every night he keeps pooping in the crate.

I don't know how to get him to stop. His last meal is at about 5pm and he goes in for the night between 9 and 10p, giving him plenty of time to go. I get up to let him out at 4am each day, but he will have already relieved himself in the crate. He only had enough room to turn around in there. I don't understand. Please help.

By Erica from Ontario, CA

Answers:

Puppy Poops in Crate

Go outside with him. He needs to be reassured that you are there. Being so young he is probably feeling anxiety disorder. Once you start doing this he will feel more secure. He doesn't feel confident enough yet to be placed outside by himself. Stand out there with him, talk to him and praise him when he does poop or pee. Hell throw on a robe and coat over it, I'm sure you will see results, he just wants to get near you as fast as he can and that's all he can think about, not pooping. (02/03/2010)

By YORKIEPOO

Puppy Poops in Crate
puppy in crate
Puppy Pees in Crate
Puppy in Crate
Puppy Poops in Crate
Dog Crate
Making a Dog Crate Cover
Crate Training a Puppy, Young Papillon in a crate.
Crate Training a Puppy
🎉
🎄