Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Rates for Cleaning New Construction Homes

Cleaning businesses often focus on specific types of cleaning jobs, such as private homes, businesses, or new construction. This is a guide about rates for cleaning new construction homes.

August 12, 2015 Flag

I just get my business license for cleaning houses, but I don't know how much to charge for those brand new houses the builder needs cleaned before the homeowner moves in. Can you tell me how much the rate for this job is?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You will need to ask around to find the going rate in your area. It ranges from $35 an hour (Seattle) to $10 an hour (Tacoma). These two towns are only 20 miles apart, so it can really vary. Search this site, there are some very good posts on charging for house cleaning.

Why not get more information, Sally? Have you been to a newly-constructed house? Have you any idea of sawdust and wood scraps or other construction materials laying around? Your quote will depend entirely on the trades people and the mess they leave behind. Some don't, but some do.

Take a close look at a couple of properties, please? Check for paint spatters on floors and counters, caulking in / around tubs as well as sinks, sawdust or manufacturer's labels on windows.

You may have to purchase special equipment, such as a heavy-duty vacuum cleaner, so take that into consideration as well.

Good luck!

August 13, 2016 Flag

I am cleaning new construction and move outs in Chattanooga Tennessee. How much should I be getting paid? They are all 2 or more bedrooms and 1 to 2 baths?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

"Research shows that the average hourly cleaning rate for U.S. maid services is between $25 and $45 per hour, so keep that in mind when getting quotes." http://www.home … eaning-services/

According to the above, and considering the nature of the work, you should try to get the upper end of that.

You can also go to https://chattan … t.org/search/bbb to see what others in your area charge

In my area it would be $90-$110.

October 17, 2015 Flag

I live in Texas. I don't know how much to charge for those brand new houses the builder needs cleaned before the homeowner moves in. Can you tell me how much the rate for this job is? Is there someone who can help me? Please and thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are many price factors for "post construction house cleaning". You can try a search yourself or this site to start:

http://www.nati  n.com/id145.html

October 23, 2010 Flag

I'm interested in starting a cleaning service that focuses primarily on new construction homes. I want to charge by the house, but I have no idea on how much to charge. Any ideas? Thanks.

By Linda from Omaha, NE

Answers:

Rates for Cleaning Services

http://www.ehow.com/

Use the search box at top of website. (06/03/2010)

By MCW

Rates for Cleaning Services

I used to own a construction company with my ex. The prices about 10 years ago were somewhere around $25/hr. Of course just starting out you would need to find out the shortcuts for cleaning tar and paint, etc. from carpets, vinyl and hardwood safely; also you would need to find out the best and fastest way to clean windows without streaking. You also need to know what each construction company expects. They all want different things. It's hard work, but pays well. Good luck:) (06/04/2010)

By yoder178

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A professional cleaner with his cleaning supplies.
Setting Rates for Cleaning Services
Business and Legal BusinessJanuary 6, 2017
weighing postage
Finding Postage Rates Online
Little boy dressed up as a construction worker.
Making a Construction Worker Costume
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs
Man in an apron with a bucket of cleaning supplies.
Rates for Cleaning a Home for Sale
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 14, 2017 at 8:21:36 AM on 10.0.1.58 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.