Re-Dyeing Your Eyebrows

Category Coloring
Woman having her eyebrows dyed
This guide is about re-dyeing your eyebrows. When your eyebrows are not the color you want, there are safe ways to change the color.

I am a natural redhead with very light blonde eyebrows so I dye them. I tried a different brand today and now they look awful. The color is horrible, (a bright fake red) and they look dyed. They stand out like a sore thumb and I look hideous. Any suggestions on what I should do? I have tried many of the suggestions I read that others wrote for removing hair dye from skin, but so far nothing has worked! Help! Should I re-dye them, and if so, what color? (Darker or lighter?) Thanks!

Donna from Silver Spring, MD

Best Answer

School theatrical teachers used to tell the kids to use Head and Shoulders shampoo to remove the hair color they sometimes had to use in their productions. It's worth a try!

Best Answer

Use hair bleach to remove dye. Use your mascara to recolor your eyebrows until you're happy with the result.

Best Answer

Try adding baking soda in with your shampoo and wash your eyebrows. It works when you dye your hair and the color is too dark/bright. Good Luck!

Best Answer

Hi fellow Redhead, I have the same invisible blonde eyebrows. I went to a site called Just For Redheads and bought mascaras in nice colors, and that's what I use to make my eyebrows match my hair. Mascara shows the individual hairs, unlike eyebrow pencil, so it looks the most like you have naturally nice eyebrows. Nothing could make me put hair dye 1/2" from my eyes! Check out that site.

Best Answer

1st, strip the color out by using baby shampoo! Leave this in for 5 minutes and then carefully rinse or wipe off with a damp washcloth.

2nd, instead of dyeing or penciling in my blonde eyebrows, I use a wide bristled lip brush and some non-glittery eye shadow. Tap the color or color-blend of your choice (I use 2 shades of soft brown) onto your eyebrow and then brush lightly along the entire brow to blend. It looks much more natural and is easy to do! Sally Beauty Supply even has an eyebrow stencil you can get if you need help keeping a steady hand. Rub off any stray color with a Qtip.

I have kinda medium blond hair and I dyed it black and also did the same to my eyebrows and now my eyebrows look so retarded. What can I do?

Eric from Salt Lake City, UT

Best Answer

If the color on your eyebrows has faded, and you want some of the color back, you could use an eyebrow pencil in your desired color. If your eyebrows are too bold and you want them to fade, there is a product (similar to a lotion) that it used to remove excess hair color around the face after the color has been applied. You can buy it at a beauty supply store such as Sally's. But some things are best left to the experts... all hair dyeing should truly be done by a professional.